Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
What I would like to know is there any way the withdrawal can be divided up over a couple years (please someone say yes!!), or does it all have to be paid in the same year as it is withdrawn?

I wish I could tell you what you want to hear, but there's no way around including all the income on your 2000 return. If you can't pay all the tax by April 16:

1. File on time. The penalty for late filing is 5% of the balance due per month.

2. If you need additional time to pay, see the instructions for line 69 of the 1040.

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.