Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
First off I'm English with American wife and we're both working in the US. We've been here almost a year and I started my 401k the moment I heard about the $1,200 match. My wife's company has no 401K. We're also about to get two Roth IRA's before the April 15th deadline for 1998.

My question is, what if we decide at some future point to go live in England? Do we get to leave the 401K (rolled into a new Traditional IRA) and Roth IRA's over here in case we come back? What if we decided not to return? Is there a means/provision to get these things transfered abroad?

By the way, my company 401K is great, a handfull of T.Rowe Price funds (International Stock, Blue Chip Growth, Equity Income and others) and Janus World Wide to name but a few. Also the charges are low, $3.75 a quarter, and of course the match of $1,200 a year, which kinda makes up for the $3.75, but only just;)

Ta,

Kars.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement