UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Calabogie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947775  
Subject: Re: If they had listened to me... Date: 10/12/2012 7:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What if Osama was found "not guilty"?

Not much chance of that under Islamic law, but let's say it was possible. As in secular law, deals can be made pre-trial to insure certain outcomes. Yes, that's not strictly legal but it could have been done secretly and with the pressure the US could put on they could be certain he would never be found not guilty.

BTW, what charges would be brought against him? You can't charge him with terrorist acts against the US in a Country he wasn't in. Just like we couldn't charge an IRA terrorist for an attack on British soil if the suspect didn't do anything in the United States.

You're thinking secular law. Islamic law isn't based on where the crime was committed so that has little bearing on it. As for what he could have been charged with, it would not have been terrorist acts. Under Islamic law he could have been charge with many things, far too many to list here.

The only countries he could be tried in would have been the United States where the crime took place or any Country where planning took place.

Again, you're thinking of secular law. I lived in Turkey and believe me, an Islamic court can try anyone who has violated Islamic law regardless of where the crime was committed, especially if it involved the killing of other Muslims, which he was certainly guilty of.

Calabogie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement