Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What I'm mainly wondering is, if I start claiming short term gains on market trades at what bracket would I pay taxes on that?

You compute your taxable income, and tax, the same as a U.S. resident. The difference is that you can exclude all or a portion of your foreign earned income. Everything else works the same, so your short-term gains will be taxed as ordinary income, in whatever bracket(s) your taxable income finds you.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.