UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3078  
Subject: What i'm sending Date: 12/20/2002 12:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Alrighty.

Used a $25 Target gift card yesterday (that i got from a test drive!) to purchase some fun gifts. I opted for smallish/lightish things so as to defray the costs of mailing. Here's a list:

+ Outfit for a Barbie doll
+ 4 different Hot Wheels cars
+ Spiderman playing cards
+ Winnie-the-Pooh playing cards
+ "Zoo Rummy" playing cards
+ 24 Crayola crayons
+ Sketchbook
+ Washable markers
+ Pack of six somewhat educational puzzles
+ Lego soccer "target practice" set (really cool!)

(It wasn't until afterwards that i realized i coulda/shoulda just sent the gift card to bookgrrl and saved lots on shipping - but then i woulda missed toy shopping which i enjoyed immensely...hey, even Elves need some fun!)

Also, on the way to the post office, i plan to stop by the mall (God help me) and use my employee discount at the Gap (seasonal job) to purchase some cozy fleece items that just happen to be on sale - scarves, mittens, what-have-you.

Nothing will be wrapped. I wanted to but figured it might hamper the organization efforts. So, i apologize in advance for any extra work this might cause, especially since my box will arrive with little time to spare. In my childhood home, Santa didn't wrap our presents anyway. :)

Anyway, wish i could be in Chicago to help wrap and distribute, but i think you Chicago Elves know that we non-Chicago Elves will be there in spirit. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Merry merry to all!

PS - If other Elves want to post what they've sent, please do! I would love to hear about other gifts.

snippee
busy busy busy (and loving it)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement