UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: csm1rr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 264899  
Subject: What is a 1, 2, or 3 bagger? Date: 1/25/2013 3:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm a newbie Fool and I am clueless as to what is meant when a stock becomes a 1 bagger or a 2 bagger. I did not see the term in the Foolasaurus so would someone please explain what this term means?

Thank you,
Carolyn
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260440 of 264899
Subject: Re: What is a 1, 2, or 3 bagger? Date: 1/25/2013 12:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Surprised it's not in the Foolasaurus. But in a nutshell, it's a measure of how successful an investment has been based on % price growth. It is basically a measure of how much bigger your position is now than it was when you bought it.

For example, if I purchase a company, such as TMF (not a public company), at $50/share, and that stock price grows to $100/share, that is called a single bagger. My position has doubled in price. If the stock price grows to $150/share, it becomes a double bagger.

It's not an official term, but then again, neither is SpiffyPop, which you will see commonly used to describe an explosion in the stock price, such as what happened this week with Netflix, or a SpiffyPlop, which describes an implosion as you have seen with Apple.

Fuskie
Who hopes this helps...

Author: csm1rr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260443 of 264899
Subject: Re: What is a 1, 2, or 3 bagger? Date: 1/25/2013 12:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thank you. It definitely helps!

Carolyn

Author: Quillnpenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260460 of 264899
Subject: Re: What is a 1, 2, or 3 bagger? Date: 1/26/2013 10:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
Carolyn,

A little history behind the meaning of a 10 bagger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_bagger

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/09/tenbagger-peter-l...

Quillnpenn -

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement