UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: foo1bar Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127236  
Subject: Re: Found a house on line... next steps? Date: 12/11/2001 2:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
what is actually happening is the agent is agreeing to work with a warm body that just happened to find a house.

It seems to me like that's most of the time they spend with a buyer.
Showing houses, doing searches for houses for the buyers, etc.

Until the offer is constructed by said agent, and the buyer is qualified, ready, willing and able to submit said offer through said agent, and until the seller accepts said offer from said agent, no commission is earned.

You could even say it's not recieved until the sale closes.

But looking at what the work they do is.

1> searching for houses and showing houses to the buyers. (lots of time, many houses, many hours for some clients)

2> prepping an offer (Not that much time - fill in the blanks on a computer and print it out.)

3> getting the buyer "qualified, ready, willing and able to submit said offer" - I think these guys are already there - they're just looking for a realtor to write the offer for them.

4> waiting for seller to accept. (not much they can do.)

5> Organizing inspections, etc. (amount of work needed depends on what's needed and what's already been done by the sellers)

So where's most of the work?
For most of my friend's agents it was showing the houses.
They saw lots of houses with their agents.
Submitting offers and following through once in contract was I think the easy part, comparitively speaking.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement