UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TyroFool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75888  
Subject: What is difference between 403(b)1 and 403(b)7? Date: 12/5/1998 9:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can anyone explain the difference between a 403(b)1 and 403(b)7, or direct me to a resource with the answer?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7056 of 75888
Subject: Re: What is difference between 403(b)1 and 403(b Date: 12/6/1998 9:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, TyroFool, and welcome. You asked:

<<Can anyone explain the difference between a 403(b)1 and 403(b)7, or direct me to a resource with the answer?>>

Qualified retirement plans established as 403(b) plans may only invest in annuities and/or mutual funds. Basically, Section 403(b)(1) of the Infernal (sic) Revenue Code refers to a plan which invests in annuities while Section 403(b)(7), IRC refers to one which invests in mutual funds. Generally speaking, though, most 403(b) plans allow participants to invest in both annuities and mutual funds.

Regards….Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement