Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52496  
Subject: What is the accept rule in MLB... Date: 10/6/2012 3:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
when the ball approaches the stands? Is it anybodys ball once it crosses that border of not being "on the field" any longer. Does the fan have equal rights to the ball.

I ask because my daughter just asked me this as we have tickets in row 1 on the third base side for the Giants game on Sunday. She wants to know if she can just stand her ground and maybe get the ball herself should it drift into the stands or does she have to let the opposing player get to it, over her if necessay. I say for the home team, yes, for the opposing team h*ll NO, stand your ground and do not help them at all. Now if the ball is still in the field of play, do not obstruct them in anyway, but once they come into your space in the stands, it is fair game to go for it.

Thoughts,

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47818 of 52496
Subject: Re: What is the accept rule in MLB... Date: 10/6/2012 9:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If the ball is fieldable by a player and a fan touches the ball first, it is interference. Just ask the Red Sox. If DD doesn't reach over the fence to grab a ball, she should be good. But if she and the player go after it at the same time, she had better yield or risk the ire of a ballpark full of fans and the home town.

Fuskie
Who notes each ballpark has it's own rules defining the outlines of the field of play...

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement