Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What is the hover feature?

You can set the machine to how you want it to be set when you stop sewing, which is common. So because I am piecing for a quilt, I have it set so that when I stop, the needle is down, and the presser foot raises up just slightly so that I can put the next piece in and just keep on sewing. The hover distance can be set so that you can change it for thicker fabrics, but by keeping it down low near the fabric, it is easy for me to slip in the next piece, and line it up with the edge of the foot for my 1/4 inch seam vs. having the foot raise all the way up where I have to kind of guess where the edge will fall. I understand that Pfaff has something similar on their new machines from someone I was talking to at the quilt guild last night.

But it is quite slick, and I am really liking this particular feature.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement