UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BMNEELY Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308686  
Subject: Re: New CAR Cash or Finance Date: 4/16/2004 1:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What is the purchase price of the same car in the US? Depending on the car, it can be a hassel but in some cases it is cheaper to buy a car in Germany and ship it to the US.

I have to do some hagling but I wouldn't buy it unless it is cheaper than the stateside costs. Also just a note shipping to the states is free for me. (we were tax free this year so the rest of you taxpayers pick up our tab.)

Parting with that much cash is an issue. For the past couple years I have been considering buying a car but I have been unable to part with the cash. It remains a test of need and want. I will not buy a car until I am willing to spend the cash.

I know I feel the pain with you there and it is an issue for me as well I like looking at my nicely padded accounts. I really have to see if I can talk the wife into something a little less, maybe a Passat.

You did not state what interest rate you would be paying for the financing. The higher the rate, the less attractive it is.

Sorry that was silly of me the opportunity cost of the loan will be between 1.75 and 2.15 percent I can get a loan for between 3.5 and 4.15 percent.

Ben

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement