Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MsPoppy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 252  
Subject: What kind of accounting....... Date: 7/10/2003 7:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Are you either primarily interested in, or do you currently work in?

I'm personally very interested in internal audit, but I'd be curious to hear about the career opportunities in the IRS. Basically, I like the idea of using accounting tools and information to help better industries and areas that I perceive to have inherent problems. Although, part of why I'm actively pursuing accounting now is for the flexibility. It's a versatile skill set. I might want to do the books for a general store in the middle of nowhere some day. I currently work in finance, but in a whole other area.

I think that accounting can be the cornerstone for some real and creative business solutions, but not via "creative accounting". I also don't think accounting is the least bit boring (despite its reputation).

So tell me your stories, what you like about accounting, what you don't like. What your career challenges have been. What you'd like to see changed in the industry or in other industries.

Current relevant news articles are welcome. Even political discussion as they relate to this field (Discussions of the IRS are arguably a very political conversation).

Welcome, everyone! Let's have some fun!

-Poppy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement