UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (53) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1966827  
Subject: What libs and progressives alike fail to realize Date: 3/24/2013 2:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Government created the environment we live in today with help from progressives. We live in a day and age of crony capitalism, influence peddling, arbitrary decisions being made by burearucrats that affect millions of people, powerfully corrupt people escaping justice, liberties being taking away on a daily basis, wealthy lobbyists buying votes etc. etc. Why is this happening?

All this was made possible by libs and progressives giving government the control and power to make economic choices for the individual. The individual has lost untold economic freedom of choices that could have enriched their life. Instead, we have more and more people becoming dependent on government, who are vulnerable to decisions made by government and therefore easily scared by politicians trying to get their vote. Thus giving untold power to the political elite to buy your vote.

Politicians, who are more interested in being re-elected and keeping their power then solving issues, and are paralyzed on issues like Medicare and SS, which represents a huge voting block. So, now we are left with debt that will most likely have traumatic impact on millions of lives. Unsustainable entitlement programs with no solution in sight. Anyone with common sense could understand why.

As I have said before, in order for the libs and progressives to maintain their stand on the role of government that has produced the above, they have to completely ignore the Human Condition. Because, once you fully consider it, you realize the fallacy of your beliefs about the role of government.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867202 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 3:03 PM
Recommendations: 3
NTL, anarchist.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867203 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 3:14 PM
"NTL, anarchist. "

Another in a long line of libs who are incapable of developing any coherent argument.

Nothing new.

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867223 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 6:16 PM
Recommendations: 56
"Government created the environment we live in today with help from progressives. We live in a day and age of crony capitalism, influence peddling, arbitrary decisions being made by bureaucrats that affect millions of people, powerfully corrupt people escaping justice, liberties being taking away on a daily basis, wealthy lobbyists buying votes etc. etc. Why is this happening?"

You lose me, NML.

You say it is the lib government's fault that there is crony capitalism, influence peddling, powerfully corrupt people escaping justice, wealthy lobbyists buying votes..."?

Aren't these the VERY things that the previous (Bush) administration applauded..( who got all the contracts in Iraq ? A very Republican supporter etc) who voted for corporations to have the buying and voting power of a humble American citizen, who wants the GOVERNMENT to make abortions illegal, etc ????? Not to talk of corruption...

Of course, I get so tired of the vituperous cr-p you keep flooding the boards with...(as easily recognized as the posts you offered before, under other names...) I don't usually read all of them through or argue.

But some of your posts make me worry for America.

You spend a lot of time on the Boards, NML. Why don't you take a rest, and relax for a bit? Your anger must be exhausting.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867227 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 6:48 PM
"You say it is the lib government's fault that there is crony capitalism, influence peddling, powerfully corrupt people escaping justice, wealthy lobbyists buying votes..."?
"

Progressives for over a century now has called for a federal government to take on a larger and larger role in individual lives in an attempt to create a fairer and more just society. Theodore Roosevelt gave us Social Security and the NLRB among other progressive initiatives. Lyndon Johnson with his fight against the poverty gave us Medicare and Medicaid. Now Obama has given us Obamacare leaving more power, money and control into the hands of the political elite and connected.

Who do you think will be making the choices for you? Not you. For political purposes such as staying in power, the politically/ financially powerful will make sure their interests are met. How do they do this? By promising their support in their re-election bid.

As government has taken more and more control over the economy so as special interest lobbyists grown in proportion to influence politicians to partake in the huge resources now known as the federal government.

Did you agree with the bailouts of 2008? Did you agree with the sweetheart deals provided to labor unions in the GM bankruptcy. Did you agree with the creditors of bears and stearns being recouped 100% of their losses. Can you see any risks to our economy when government is in the business of picking winners and losers and socializing risks? I. for one, clearly don't. We are headed for a disaster like we haven't seen in the history of America.

Instead of given individuals choices provided by the free market, which allows people to make their own choices about healthcare, retirement and jobs. A free market that knows no boundaries such as classes. A free market where anyone can do and be anything their heart desires. Free from someone in government having the power to make choices for you. Free from government using economic scare tactics to manipulate your vote. A society where all people are self sufficient. And plenty of money to assist those who are incapable of caring for themselves.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867230 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 6:55 PM
Recommendations: 2
"Aren't these the VERY things that the previous (Bush) administration applauded..( who got all the contracts in Iraq ? A very Republican supporter etc) who voted for corporations to have the buying and voting power of a humble American citizen, who wants the GOVERNMENT to make abortions illegal, etc ????? Not to talk of corruption...
"

Yep.

"Of course, I get so tired of the vituperous cr-p you keep flooding the boards with...(as easily recognized as the posts you offered before, under other names...) I don't usually read all of them through or argue.
"

Then you are tired of the vituperous cr-p you keep flooding from the posters I respond to in kind.

"You spend a lot of time on the Boards, NML."

And you spent a lot time saying nothing.

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867236 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 8:15 PM
Recommendations: 39
Social Security, the NLRB, Medicare and Medicaid are all BAD things?

You confuse me,NTL.

Maybe you are simply not old enough to appreciate how these helped society. Or you didn't study social history.

Maybe you are to young to know anything about exploitation of workers and unsafe conditions, and still so young and wealthy, Social Security and Medicare are out of your range of vision.

But maybe the idea of "justice for all" just isn't a concept you understand.

The pendulum always seems to swing back and forth from liberal to conservative in society and back again. And believe it or not, civilizations rise and fall. American culture took over from the European one.Possibly, with trade deficits and a change in the economy here, the Asian culture is about to move into a central position in global affairs. Who knows?

I am caretaking a bedridden husband and 3 grandsons under 7 at this moment on a Sunday afternoon. Can't answer your post point for point.

Just think of me as one of your bogeymen.. a liberal, out to ruin your Sunday too....

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867241 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 8:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Maybe you are to young to know anything about exploitation of workers and unsafe conditions, and still so young and wealthy, Social Security and Medicare are out of your range of vision."

You miss my point or ignoring it not sure which.

"But maybe the idea of "justice for all" just isn't a concept you understand.
"

I am not referring to justice as in the rule of law. I am talking about "social justice" as in this undefinable "fairness" that is thrown about by libs and progressives. What they fail to understand is you can't legislate "fairness" without major unintended consequences that affect those you are trying secure "social justice"

" And believe it or not, civilizations rise and fall. "

I agree. It's cyclical and our turn is coming.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867246 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 8:50 PM
Recommendations: 0
Are you *ever* going to exhale that hit you took from the fake doobie?

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867251 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 8:56 PM
"Are you *ever* going to exhale that hit you took from the fake doobie? "

Typical lib response. No ability to argue concepts, so you respond as five year old would.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867254 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 9:01 PM
Maybe you are simply not old enough to appreciate how these helped society. Or you didn't study social history.
AND THEN
I am caretaking a bedridden husband and 3 grandsons under 7 at this moment on a Sunday afternoon. Can't answer your post point for point.
AND THEN
Maybe you are to young to know anything about exploitation of workers and unsafe conditions, and still so young and wealthy, Social Security and Medicare are out of your range of vision.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of "maybe you are too young to know...." Maybe YOU are just old and unsuccessful. Sound about right? Good luck in your unending quest for other peoples money.

No one needs to show appreciation for a program that they paid for. Additionally no one needs to appreciate the glory of a program where people who paid benefits for people that died on average at 63, are now demanding a retirement lifestyle until their mid 70s.

Mark

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867256 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 9:02 PM
"Are you *ever* going to exhale that hit you took from the fake doobie? "

Typical lib response. No ability to argue concepts, so you respond as five year old would.

In other words, no.

Well, at least that explains why you are posting your hallucinations....

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867257 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 9:03 PM
"In other words, no.

Well, at least that explains why you are posting your hallucinations.... "

You would be defined as a poster who has zero to contribute.

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867268 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 9:32 PM
Recommendations: 68
Dear Mark whoever,

Got back here, while supper is in the oven, and laughed! How sour can you get.

Sorry to deflate you, ...I'm not emotionally or financially deprived, or unlucky.

I have a loving family and 2 children with houses, 9 post-grad degrees between us, good jobs and healthy kids.

I legally post occasionally on the Millionaires board, have no heavy money worries, and enough to give to charities of my choice, though I'd like to give much more.

In my early 60's I was working for fun on a doctorate, and my only regret in life is that I did not complete it. I loved my job but retired early to help with grandchildren, still work a little by choice, have a wonderful husband of 46 years who is the love of my life. He is still working at 70, by choice because he loves it, but at present in plaster casts and leg immobilizer thanks to an auto accident.And yes, we were fully insured.

Moreover, we own our home, small 4-bedroom on the water, and a cabin.We travel etc

DH and I are very lucky, and very happy to share that good fortune through taxes.

We both strongly believe in health for all, and will push till the end, Obama's attempts to give EVERYONE that chance. I believe in education for all, and the safety nets of Medicare and Medicaid for all. Yes, I strongly believe in increasing taxes for the wealthy...there is a huge disparity in this country getting worse and worse... I am not NIMBY as far as taxes go.

The only thing you were right about in your crabby assessment of me and my life, is that I am in my 70s. I am.

Good guess, sourpuss.

Big Momma

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867272 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 9:38 PM
"We both strongly believe in health for all, and will push till the end, Obama's attempts to give EVERYONE that chance. I believe in education for all, and the safety nets of Medicare and Medicaid for all. Yes, I strongly believe in increasing taxes for the wealthy...there is a huge disparity in this country getting worse and worse... I am not NIMBY as far as taxes go."

You implied assertion that it is government's role to provide health and education for all is what will destroy this country. People with your beliefs have done a really good job at it so far.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867275 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 9:45 PM
The only thing you were right about in your crabby assessment of me and my life, is that I am in my 70s. I am.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For someone who is so 'successful', your support for government assistance programs indicates you are strangely not acquainted with how success is achieved.

Mark

PS I strongly suspect that you support said programs because you would be in dire straits if those checks stopped arriving in your mailbox, despite your claims of immense wealth and multiple post graduate accolades.

PPS They don't pay you for degrees in the real world. They pay you for getting sh$t done.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867281 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:05 PM
Recommendations: 28
"PS I strongly suspect that you support said programs because you would be in dire straits if those checks stopped arriving in your mailbox, despite your claims of immense wealth and multiple post graduate accolades."

I strongly suspect that what you often strongly suspect is usually way off the mark, Mark.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867283 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:07 PM
"
I strongly suspect that what you often strongly suspect is usually way off the mark, Mark. "

Typical nigel responding like a 5th grader.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867289 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:40 PM
Maybe you are simply not old enough to appreciate how these helped society.

Old enough? Helped? You make it sound all so past tense.

SS, the NLRB, Medicare and Medicaid help people now.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867290 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:43 PM
I strongly suspect that what you often strongly suspect is usually way off the mark, Mark. "
---
Typical nigel responding like a 5th grader.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typical Nemesis being racist against 5th graders.

Mark

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867291 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:44 PM
"Typical Nemesis being racist against 5th graders.

Mark "

LOL

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867292 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:49 PM
"SS, the NLRB, Medicare and Medicaid help people now."

Indeed they do. Millions of people.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867293 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:50 PM
Maybe you are simply not old enough to appreciate how these helped society.
-----
Old enough? Helped? You make it sound all so past tense. SS, the NLRB, Medicare and Medicaid help people now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes they do 'help' people NOW. Giving everyone $10k in cash would also help people now. Free hot air balloon rides to the monorail terminal would also 'help' people now. Non-10-year-olds are worried about the long term sustainability of paying everyone more on average than they paid in.

That's just the non-10-year-olds though.

Mark

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867295 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:54 PM
Recommendations: 40
YOU said I was "unsuccessful" blah blah. That's the reason I mentioned degrees. You assume I'll be in "dire straits" without checks arriving in the mail box...wrong again, sweetie pie.

You don't know much about older middleclass people huh? We saved.

My husband was a CEO a couple of times.And you are right, degrees mean nothing. However, we saved and saved.The kids worked. The kids and spouses went to MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley..and those graduate degrees DO help get quite good jobs, but you might not know that.

There is NO immense wealth in our family. We all work far above 40 hour weeks. We help each other.

HOW MUCH WE MIGHT HAVE is not the point, and I only told you that stuff because you thought I was a moocher. Now you are sure that I'm by the mail box waiting for government handouts. So I told you, and I'll say it again, I'd be willing to pay more taxes and so would my husband, to enable social programs to continue. And yes..Medicare has helped with the operation for DH.

My point is that comfortable or not, my values include:

Government making good health available to all, and if government doesn't, I'll work my darndest to help move it towards that, and I have seen it work in other countries, so why not here? (Because of more selfish people like you?)

Education available to all. I will finance a less fortunate kid, to help whenever I can.

Security, and care of those who are older and needing support.

I see lots of ways we can help this great and wealthy country can move towards an even better society.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867297 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 10:59 PM
" So I told you, and I'll say it again, I'd be willing to pay more taxes and so would my husband, to enable social programs to continue. And yes..Medicare has helped with the operation for DH.
"

Pay more taxes. Nothing is stopping you.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867298 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 11:03 PM
"Pay more taxes. Nothing is stopping you."

Read the whole sentence, and you will understand why that response is nonsensical. Well, you should understand, but no guarantees.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867299 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 11:08 PM
"Read the whole sentence, and you will understand why that response is nonsensical. Well, you should understand, but no guarantees."

Of course it makes since. She is eager to pay more taxes to support entitlement programs. I suggested that she can start now as nothing is stopping her from making extra donations to the federal government.

Nigel, you are piece of work I have not read any original thought or argument for or against any issue.

Is this the best you got???

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867306 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 11:22 PM
My husband was a CEO a couple of times.And you are right, degrees mean nothing. However, we saved and saved.The kids worked. The kids and spouses went to MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley..and those graduate degrees DO help get quite good jobs, but you might not know that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay this will be offensive but you say you are acting as caretaker for your multiple-CEO-ing husband and a half dozen grandkids of your MIT/Harvard/Stanford/Berkley graduated children/spouses.

Here's an idea: Amidst all the success, how about one of you world-beaters tucks away some money to pay for a housekeeper/nurse?

I don't "know much about middleclass people"?? Maybe not, but I know this: if everyone in your family went to an ivy league/top tier school you are not "middleclass".

Mark

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867307 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 11:24 PM
Recommendations: 6
[ "Read the whole sentence, and you will understand why that response is nonsensical. Well, you should understand, but no guarantees." ]

"Of course it makes since. She is eager to pay more taxes to support entitlement programs. I suggested that she can start now as nothing is stopping her from making extra donations to the federal government."

Except that simply paying more in taxes does nothing to support those programs, specifically - which is the point she was making. She would be willing to, IF that would support those programs. So no, what you suggest makes no sense. I suspect you knew that already - at least I hope you did.

"Nigel, you are piece of work I have not read any original thought or argument for or against any issue."

Would you recognize an original thought? If you actually raise an issue, we can see what develops. Until that happens...So far, you are shooting blanks.

"Is this the best you got??"

Why do you keep saying this to posters? Sounds like you're playing a bit part in an old De Niro movie. Try this, while looking into a mirror; "Are you talking to me?".

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867309 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 11:30 PM
"Except that simply paying more in taxes does nothing to support those programs, specifically - which is the point she was making. She would be willing to, IF that would support those programs. So no, what you suggest makes no sense. I suspect you knew that already - at least I hope you did.
"

Of course ANY new unexpected money coming into the US treasury would be helpful as it would offset other expenses. Leaving more for the entitlement programs. Maybe she can entice others to follow. Maybe instead of donating to charity, she could divert that money to the government, who appears to be her salvation in all problems on earth. Heck she could start a foundation to help government financially.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867310 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/24/2013 11:32 PM
"Would you recognize an original thought?"

Why don't you argue my original point in this thread, if you dare?

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867320 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 12:43 AM
Recommendations: 30
"Here's an idea: Amidst all the success, how about one of you world-beaters tucks away some money to pay for a housekeeper/nurse?" Mark

This is a political discussion board, not the place to tell Big Momma's children how to spend their money, or make more of your AMAZING assumptions. I apologize to board readers I was so annoyed in other posts I responded inapropriately with TMI, to other non political comments.

And yes...we're very middle class and don't appreciate conservative or Tea Party efforts to protect us as such.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867345 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 10:38 AM
Recommendations: 54
"I am 32 and I have enough to retire right now..."

Don't believe you, sorry. You are much too quick to dismiss anything positive someone else claims - that gives you away.

"...so I certainly don't feel bad for someone who is 70 years old that still needs other peoples money."

I don't see anywhere in the thread where malaoshi said she still needs other peoples money. In fact, she said the opposite. This is simple stuff, Marky. At 32 (assuming that's really your age - you seem MUCH younger), you are old enough to get easy facts straight. Besides, you were rude. Can you imagine talking to your grandfather that way?

"You've been here 4 decades longer than me and you didn't pick up enough extra cash in that time to support yourself? What the hell have you been doing?"

Rude again - and wrong (again). She has enough, and told you so. She also mentioned you are wrong and 'sour'. That's a good word. It would benefit you to work on a change of attitude. A little more positive thinking is good for you. The rudeness and snarky comments aren't helpful at all. Frankly, they make you look petty.

You could learn something from a reasonable, intelligent poster like malaoshi. You could.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867358 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 12:08 PM
You would be defined as a poster who has zero to contribute.

Which is far more than you are contributing....

Author: JDCRex Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867402 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 28
PS I am nothing special myself

Oh, yes -- you are.

After having your backside so thoroughly handed to you so often during this thread, any non-special person would lick their wounds and retreat from the battlefield and maybe try to learn from their mistakes.

But not you. You double-down on fornicatewittedness every single time.

That's special -- but not in a good way. An example of those who refuse to learn no matter what. Faced with good argument, your carapace of ignorance just calcifies a little more.

Unfortunately for the world, your kind of special seems to be growing, because the internet provides succor to your mania by validating your wrong-headedness through an aggregation effect that previously wasn't possible. The horrible thing is that your special is crawling towards normal.

Grow up, you child.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867422 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 4:37 PM
I am nothing special myself

No comment ;-) And you beat up on old ladies, too--won't Mommy and Granny be proud.

I am 32 and I have enough to retire right now

Congratulations on your inheritance!

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867426 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 4:53 PM
It would benefit you to work on a change of attitude.

But she's challenging his strongly-held (FOX-fueled, I suspect) stereotypes of supporters of government programs being those who benefit from them. So she supports Medicare and SS because she needs Medicare and SS. No matter what she actually says. In his brain-washed brain she's clearly lying because she won't fit in that pigeon-hole.

"Only moochers like those programs." That's the meme. And anything that challenges that meme must be discredited, discounted, or otherwise ignored.

Classic ideologue thinking, IMO. You'd sooner talk a great white out of eating you while you were gushing blood than convince an ideologue that his ideology is flawed.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867430 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 4:58 PM
I am 32 and I have enough to retire right now ...

MMMMEEEEEENNNHHHH!

Oh, sorry, that was my BS-meter.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867432 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 5:01 PM
"Classic ideologue thinking, IMO. You'd sooner talk a great white out of eating you while you were gushing blood than convince an ideologue that his ideology is flawed."

Good point. 8-)

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867434 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 5:04 PM
"Why don't you argue my original point in this thread, if you dare?"

You had a point? I thought you were just ranting.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867435 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 5:08 PM
Recommendations: 4
malaoshi: "This is a political discussion board, not the place to tell Big Momma's children how to spend their money, or make more of your AMAZING assumptions. I apologize to board readers I was so annoyed in other posts I responded inapropriately with TMI, to other non political comments."

No worries. A few years ago I was goaded into doing exactly what you did.

I finally figured out that most of the conservative posters at tmf are losers who pose as something they are not whereas many of the liberal posters here have had the benefit of education and a modicum of success and actually want to have a fact based discussion of the issues.

Eventually conservatives drag you down to their level with an assortment of schoolyard taunts, stereotypes and smart sounding fallacies.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867437 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 5:11 PM
A little more positive thinking is good for you. The rudeness and snarky comments aren't helpful at all. Frankly, they make you look petty.

Oh my...looks like nigel is our new board etiquette cop...lol...
Of all posters...pot, meet kettle. =:o)

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867450 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 5:50 PM
"Eventually conservatives drag you down to their level with an assortment of schoolyard taunts, stereotypes and smart sounding fallacies."

Some do, yes, but not all. Some conservatives are decent people. Others, well, not so much. Here, some of them don't say anything smart sounding at all.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867482 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 7:28 PM
Name one single conservative poster at tmf who is honest.

Author: Ziege19 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867485 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 7:37 PM
Name one single conservative poster at tmf who is honest.

In their defense, I think many of them honestly attempt to be absolutely true and faithful to the talking points they've been fed by their alternative media when they shamelessly repeat them without fact checking.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867486 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 7:37 PM
"Name one single conservative poster at tmf who is honest."

Geez, you put me on the spot here...I'm sure there are some. I'll have to get back to you... 8-)

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867537 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/25/2013 11:40 PM
A free market that knows no boundaries such as classes. A free market where anyone can do and be anything their heart desires.
=========================================================================

What rubbish. A free market certainly knows boundaries. For the last few years I have read post after post about how our health care system should be a free market system. What that really means though is those who can afford health care get it, and get a lot of it. Sorry folks on welfare...you lose. Hardly boundary free.

And no, a free market doesn't allow anyone to do or be anything, unless you are one of the top 1%.

Charlie

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867556 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/26/2013 3:59 AM
Hey Momma, all you need to know about Mr. Up-by his bootstraps billionaire Mark is that he runs a grocery in Brooklyn. Probably won't run ConAgra, wishes there were help to break him out of the rut, and people who max out in their youth are probably very frustrated, and the weakest will blame others.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867557 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/26/2013 4:05 AM
For someone who is so 'successful', your support for government assistance programs indicates you are strangely not acquainted with how success is achieved.

Never heard of Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, George Soros, Michael Bloomberg? You dwarf their success do you?

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867565 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/26/2013 8:49 AM
ME: For someone who is so 'successful', your support for government assistance programs indicates you are strangely not acquainted with how success is achieved.
---------
YOU: Never heard of Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, George Soros, Michael Bloomberg? You dwarf their success do you?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wait a sec. I have heard of Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. Isn't Bill Gates the guy who started one of the worlds largest............(pausing to chuckle and sip coffee).....TAX EXEMPT PRIVATE CHARITIES??? Then didn't Warren Buffet give all of his money to said charitable organization? Hmmmm.

Oh but they support raising taxes? How noble of them. How noble to support raising taxes on earnings AFTER you have ALREADY EARNED all of your money. Okay maybe not noble but certainly effective PR given the masses of non-thinkers who gobble up every piece of contrived garbage that is thrown their way (arrow pointing at you).

Mark

PS still trying to figure out how the success of any of those guys is tied to government assistance programs

PPS Oh I figured one out. Soros did make a lot of money off of crashing the currencies/bond markets of countries that over-borrowed to pay for government assistance programs.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867568 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/26/2013 9:00 AM
PPS Oh I figured one out. Soros did make a lot of money off of crashing the currencies/bond markets of countries that over-borrowed to pay for government assistance programs.

Sorry, I am pretty sure it was in this thread, but it was pretty much confirmed that George Soros does not actually exist, he apparently is something like Santa Clause.

For if he actually existed, then liberals would not make insane statements of how the entire country is being dominated by the Koch Brothers and how libs are such poor babies and have no big money folks with an agenda involved.

So be careful. Obviously you really do not want to deflate any of the absurdities that libs want to believe. It can be dangerous messing with the ranting of the insane.

Author: jah609 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867604 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/26/2013 11:25 AM
<<<<----many of the liberal posters here have had the benefit of education and a modicum of success and actually want to have a fact based discussion of the issues.---->>>>

The Lib/Dim concept of a "fact based discussion" seems to be summed up in one word NO

Link? see 47 recs for NO

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1867611 of 1966827
Subject: Re: What libs and progressives alike fail to rea Date: 3/26/2013 11:42 AM
"The Lib/Dim concept of a "fact based discussion" seems to be summed up in one word NO

Link? see 47 recs for NO"

Not learning anything from that?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (53) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement