UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61157  
Subject: Re: request Date: 8/21/2007 2:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
What methods and arguments can be used to keep wives working while husbands retire early? - Seattle Pioneer
---------------------------------------------

I think my wife likes working because she gets a lot of recognition from her job. They are constantly telling her how much they love her and how lucky they are to have her. She also loves to shop so she needs that steady stream of income coming in to finance her never ending shopping spree. Just today she got a $50 Leslie Anne Ivory cat poster in the mail. It was signed and numbered, but $50? I just roll my eyes when she tells me about it. I always tell her that I hope I die before her so I won't have to deal with the mountains of crap we've accumulated. Selling all her cat stuff and Taoist Tai Chi books and tapes and New Age Music and other stuff on Ebay would be a full time job. It just keeps rolling in.

The only thing I like to buy is food, because I love to eat.

Artie

After over 20 years of marriage, I finally got my wife to get into the workforce. She was a SAHM for about 15 of them, worked part time for 8 and has been full-time for the last year.

She is currently looking for a job in the North Dallas area where I work, in order to up her salary and benefits commesurate with her skill level. We want to commute together to save on costs and also to be able to spend more time together.

It will be nice to get off work, stay in town and do things together for once, instead of me driving an hour out to the sticks where all you can do culturally as a couple is go to a greasy Tex-Mex restaurant.

decath
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement