UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: halco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37055  
Subject: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/28/2012 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Have the following recorded, but haven't gotten around to watching them yet (except Revolution - not impressed so far):

Elementary
Revolution
Last Resort
Vegas
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31586 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/28/2012 7:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I've seen them all.

As I said on the other thread, Elementary reminds me of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Last Resort's premiere was a ripoff of the movie Crimson Tide, but as a series, I think it's got potential.

I have the highest hopes for Vegas.

Author: SmallBear94 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31587 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/28/2012 7:51 PM
I've only watched Revolution. Not a masterpiece, but entertaining enough.

Recorded Last Resort and Vegas, haven't watched them yet.

Elementary just didn't appeal to me.

Author: halco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31589 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/29/2012 12:31 AM
Recommendations: 1
Watched Last Resort and Elementary, enjoyed both. Last Resort certainly had a lot going on, whether they can pull it all together and keep it coherent and reasonably believable remains to be seen. Andre Braugher, as always, is excellent.

Elementary had a good mystery, good chemistry between the stars, and also very well acted, especially Miller as Holmes.

Will stick with these two for now. Haven't gotten to Vegas yet. Not sure if I'll even watch the next ep of Revolution.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31590 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/29/2012 12:45 AM
Revolution - not all that impressed - giving it some rope
Go On - funny enough
The Neighbors - if it doesn't get a lot better soon, gone
Last Resort - more good than bad, but didn't care for some stuff particularly the local jefe
Ben and Kate - we lasted about 5 minutes
Elementary - still on the DVR to be watched

Ken

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31591 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/29/2012 10:15 AM
I'll give Revolution another episode to see where it goes. Not crazy about the female lead, but Esposito and "Uncle Miles" are actors I like.

I loved Last Resort. Very BSG-ish, interesting premise, and the show makers seem ambitious and experienced. The actors are a draw for me and there's an AU flavor I like. I like being dropped into the action and figuring out what's what as the show goes on.

cm

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31596 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/30/2012 12:36 AM
Didn't even make it through the first episode of Revolution, it couldn't hold my attention.

Elementary was decently entertaining. Nice camera work and music.

Lara Amber

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31598 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/30/2012 10:16 AM
Blue Bloods and SVU have resumed being enjoyable, and we're eagerly awaiting The Good Wife. Major Crimes is "under review" so far.

They can keep the other "new" shows.

Vermonter

Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31599 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/30/2012 12:10 PM
Recommendations: 4
typical retired person, watching nothing but CBS programs...

Note to Retired Vermonter and other Baby Boomers...about 30 years ago there was a wonderful new invention called a
REMOTE CONTROL!!!

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31600 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/30/2012 2:23 PM
The New Normal.

Just figured out last night (DVR) that one of the leads was on Broadway in Book of Mormon.

The people who should watch it won't, but it's still good.

Chili

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31601 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 9/30/2012 4:22 PM
If they are CBS it is a coincidence. We watch very few "hit shows" because they are mostly crap.

Yes, we have a wonderful device called a DVR, too, and we have DirecTV so we can watch whatever we want, whenever we want.

I also enjoy some of the MSNBC shows and the NBC evening news, to name a few.

Vermonter

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31612 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/1/2012 3:16 PM
Go On
The New Normal
Last Resort
Elementary
Ben and Kate

I think those are the only new ones.

dsbrady

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31613 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/1/2012 3:20 PM
Last Resort's premiere was a ripoff of the movie Crimson Tide, but as a series, I think it's got potential.

I thought it was incredibly preposterous, but it was really entertaining. I'm certainly gonna see how it goes. Though I think it has more "mini-series" potential, so I'm not sure how it will go long-term.

Though, poor Karofsky (from Glee) who only got about 1 minute of screen-time.

dsbrady

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31615 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/1/2012 3:30 PM
The New Normal.

I really liked the first episode, and I've liked the other episodes, but it gets a little preachy (even for me, who generally agrees with what they're preaching). It's like watching episodes of "Maude" -- except with less masculine lead characters. :)

(I will give them credit for at least trying to present both sides during the dinner party, even though the person giving the pro-GOP side has been the "villain" of the show so far).

With the two new NBC comedies I was interested in (The New Normal and Go On), I thought I'd kind of like Go On and really like The New Normal, but it turns out to be the reverse. Go On can make me laugh out loud (the Rachel Maddow jokes last week, for example), while The New Normal just makes me chuckle.

dsbrady

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31616 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/1/2012 3:31 PM
We've seen:

Elementary - okay, but not as good as the one on PBS

Vegas - I liked it, but Dennis Quaid has got to loosen up a bit. He kept looking like he was striking a pose before every tag line.

Animal Practice - DH loves it. Not because of the writing, directing or acting. He freakin' loves Dr. Rizzo!

Go On - I like Matthew Perry and so far am enjoying the show.

Men with Kids (or something like that)- I really liked last week's episode.

That's pretty much all the new stuff we watched. The rest was DVR and Netflix.

LWW

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31621 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/1/2012 4:07 PM
Vegas - I liked it, but Dennis Quaid has got to loosen up a bit. He kept looking like he was striking a pose before every tag line.

This.
Sort of reminds me of David Caruso on CSI: Miami.

Instead of cocking his head and taking off his sunglasses, Quaid hunches his shoulders, juts out his chin and glares. Got old quickly.

Chili

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31625 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/1/2012 5:43 PM
Quaid hunches his shoulders, juts out his chin and glares. Got old quickly.

Yes! Hopefully, he'll not turn that into some sort of quirk.

LWW

Author: rharmelink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31659 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 4:41 AM
I loved Last Resort. Very BSG-ish, interesting premise, and the show makers seem ambitious and experienced. The actors are a draw for me and there's an AU flavor I like. I like being dropped into the action and figuring out what's what as the show goes on.

But how far can 17 missiles protect them? Not that the sub is in a fixed location, it should be easy to shoot down any fired missiles before they can hit any intended target.

Just do one coordinated attack and knock all of them out of the sky as they get fired.

Author: rharmelink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31660 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 4:44 AM
Sort of reminds me of David Caruso on CSI: Miami.

Instead of cocking his head and taking off his sunglasses, Quaid hunches his shoulders, juts out his chin and glares. Got old quickly.

They should do it like they did in The Outlaw Josey Wales, where another character actually narrates/choreographs the action:

"Now, spit!"

Author: rharmelink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31661 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 4:53 AM
I've been hospitalized the last month or so, without an available TV schedule, so have been hit or miss on seeing new shows. But so far:

Elementary -- I like it, buy preferred the recent BBC reboot.
Revolution -- Not a good show, but with some popcorn, Junior Mints or Peanut M&M's, and a large soda to give me a sugar high while watching it, I can enjoy all the action without caring about the plot.
Last Resort -- Loving it so far.
Ben and Kate -- Huh? Turned channel BEFORE first commercial break, which is rare. I usually will give a new show until AT LEAST the first commercial break.
Go on -- I just like Matthew Perry. Love the Google Maps show. :)
Major Crimes -- No big deal.

Still waiting for:

Arrow
Beauty and the Beast

Decided not to give a chance:

Vegas -- Just not interested in another show on Las Vegas.
Mind Project -- Never cared for Mindy on The Office.

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31663 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 1:51 PM
17 missiles might be enough for the show's run, if it doesn't get renewed...

Hopefully there'll be some explanation about political reasons or whatever that TPTB can't pick off their nukes.

Maybe the new players introduced in Ep 2 will play that up some.

cm

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31664 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 1:54 PM
I liked the 3rd ep of "Revolution" quite a bit more than the first two. Interesting relationships getting introduced and I like the flashbacks.

Maybe not a "must see" but it's not a "can't watch" for me, either. I'm good with giving it more watches.

cm

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31665 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 2:06 PM
"17 missiles might be enough for the show's run, if it doesn't get renewed...
Hopefully there'll be some explanation about political reasons or whatever that TPTB can't pick off their nukes."

In ep2 Tech Babe said something about her father not being allowed to work on Star Wars/SDI 20 years ago.

As it is, I don't know of any reason to believe individual ICBM missiles can be knocked out without causing damage somewhere.

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31666 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/7/2012 5:51 PM
But how far can 17 missiles protect them? Not that the sub is in a fixed location, it should be easy to shoot down any fired missiles before they can hit any intended target.

Just do one coordinated attack and knock all of them out of the sky as they get fired.

Given the success rate of the tests that we know of (I think 50% might be generous), I'm not certain they want to take that chance.

dsbrady

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31677 of 37055
Subject: Re: What New Network Shows Are You Watching? Date: 10/9/2012 10:05 AM
The only new show I've checked out so far is Ben and Kate, I heard a good review, but wasn't really that impressive, IMO.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement