Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Swede46 Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81998  
Subject: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/5/2010 7:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
As I checked the board for the usual Monday what's for dinner posts, there were none. Hope Wiley is OK.

I was going to make chicken roll ups, chicken cordon blue for the snobs, but had a change of heart. Got a package of 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts thawing. I'm going to pound them to about 1/2 inch thickness or less, and grill them. Chicken sandwiches, chicken, cheese, mayo and lettuce. The wife agreed with my execuative decision, or we would have been having chicken roll ups. I still haven't figured out how I could be the execuative chef and have a wife with veto powers. But I've only been married 40 years this fall.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: voelkels Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72238 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/5/2010 7:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
As I checked the board for the usual Monday what's for dinner posts, there were none. Hope Wiley is OK.

I tink dat Miz Wiley bes still hiding after dat fireworks display last nite, her. We jest be eatin leftober baby back ribs, potato salad & beans.
;-)

C.J.V. - don’t know whats cookin fur tomorrow yet, me

Author: HGBG Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72239 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/6/2010 6:25 AM
We jest be eatin leftober baby back ribs, potato salad & beans.

We had same as C.J.V. but also some sliced tomatoes mixed with avocados and basil pesto

Barry

Author: OleDocJ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72240 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/6/2010 7:08 AM
Recommendations: 5
I found myself comin' outta da groceria at about 10 minutes to dark an' I still hadn't etyet!* So, I grabbed me a couple of Mickey D Double Cheeseboogers and et 1½ of dem - gave da udder ½ to OleLab. I reckon he likes 'em more'n I does!

Gotta chicken on the thaw for tonight!

OleDoc

*Dat's a real word! It's related to

yetyet? = have you eaten yet?

Sometimes shortened to a simple question: Yet?

Of course, in formal situations, it is proper to be a little more eloquent:

Y'all et yet?

Author: WileyWildcat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72242 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/7/2010 8:36 AM
Recommendations: 3
We're Back! Sorry about this past Monday night but even the Miz Wiley has to be on vacation sometimes!!!
We left last Friday to visit our youngest daughter we had a wonderful 4th, watched the fireworks and ate ribeye steaks,

Had a great time airports are full of folks, every plane oversold these days.

Summer is just to short,

Grace and Peace
Miz Wiley

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72243 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/7/2010 9:24 AM
Recommendations: 1
Summer is just to short,

Good thing you don't teach English in the Summer, Mz Wiley. <BG>

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72247 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/7/2010 10:53 AM
Recommendations: 0
Summer is just to short

Good grief, I sure hope not this year with all this heat we've been having. I'm ready for Fall already!!

Bill

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72264 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/7/2010 1:05 PM
We had same as C.J.V. but also some sliced tomatoes mixed with avocados and basil pesto

I REALLY need to get over to Carolina to try to mooch a Monday night meal from Barry someday.
We had leftover spareribs, baked beans, and green beans fried up in bacon grease.

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72265 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/7/2010 1:08 PM
Good grief, I sure hope not this year with all this heat we've been having. I'm ready for Fall already!!

Not me. I can take all the hot humid weather that Mother Nature throws at me here in TN. I used to complain about hot humid weather sometimes until I experienced COLD dry weather living up in the Rockies.

Author: 34Phantom Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72271 of 81998
Subject: Re: What, no it's monday night? Date: 7/7/2010 6:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
Ribs here too along with coleslaw, corn on the cob, lemonade, and chocolate cake. No fireworks for me, got to get up too early to go to work.

Phred

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement