Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
what options does she have as a survivor to draw more than the $350?

If he dies first, his monthly SS benefits ($850?)would replace her $350. Also as his spouse she would get a one time benefit of $225 (I think that's the amount). She would have to notify the SS Dept.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.