UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90258  
Subject: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/17/2012 10:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
From MotherJones - where else :-)

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/secret-video-rom...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89914 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/17/2012 11:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
'course, we all recall Obama's crack about Repub voters with their "guns and Bibles". Pretty broad stereotyping on both sides.

Then there is this nugget

Asked why he wouldn't go full-throttle and assail Obama as corrupt, Romney explained the internal thinking of his campaign and revealed that he and his aides, in response to focus-group studies conducted by his consultants, were hesitant to hammer the president too hard out of fear of alienating independents who voted for Obama in 2008:

I have been wondering if the Repub controlled House would start impeachment proceedings against Obama for alleged campaign contributions connected to government loans to Solyndra. If Romney continues to slide in the polls that could still happen. The issue would not need to go to the Senate, where it would come to a screaching halt anyway. Just the daily video of House Repub fanatics taking testimony, for the entire month of October, would do the trick.

Would the House play that dirty? Heck yes. Look at the vendetta they mounted against Clinton, for years, searching for something, anything, they could pin on him.

Steve

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89915 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/18/2012 4:06 AM
'course, we all recall Obama's crack about Repub voters with their "guns and Bibles". Pretty broad stereotyping on both sides.

========================================

That's the first thing I thought of.

The crazy thing, IMHO, is that they are both talking about some of the same folks.

Hard working, low income, christians that believe in America.

Both of them were/are out of line.

Jean

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89916 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/18/2012 4:17 AM
Asked why he wouldn't go full-throttle and assail Obama as corrupt, Romney explained the internal thinking of his campaign and revealed that he and his aides, in response to focus-group studies conducted by his consultants, were hesitant to hammer the president too hard out of fear of alienating independents who voted for Obama in 2008:

=============================================

I really thought he was going to go after the Christian Democrats, since it would be hard to get the independents.

Not him personally, but the ads and other folks campaigning for him. Like Santorium's speech this weekend.

Santorium's speech

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81256_Page4.html

snip

We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country. We will never have the elite smart people on our side, because they believe they should have the power to tell you what to do. So our colleges and universities, they’re not going to be on our side. The conservative movement will always be – and that’s why we founded Patriot Voices – the basic premise of America and American values will always be sustained through two institutions, the church and the family.

I have a video coming out we’re launching on Monday called “Our Sacred Honor” that talks about our founding principles, that talks about who we are as a country, our Declaration, our Constitution – an educational tool, and hopefully an inspiration for others. We need to mutually pledge to each other. Look at the person on either side of you. Pledge to them that over the next month and a half, in our watch in America, that we will do what God has called us to do.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81256_Page4.html#i...

Jean

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89917 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/18/2012 10:36 AM
what Romney said

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

What Santorum said

We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country. We will never have the elite smart people on our side, because they believe they should have the power to tell you what to do. So our colleges and universities, they’re not going to be on our side.

Rick is doing a pretty good job of crying "we're victims", isn't he? 'course crying victim is the national passtime, from CEOs that cry about "burdensome gummit regulations" to President Bush, who cried victim about 9/11 to justify his police state tactics of warrantless survellance and torture.

Steve

Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89918 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/18/2012 2:55 PM
Recommendations: 3
Well the gun nuts will vote as a block for Romney, though I would not characterize them as Republicans. If Obama got more than 3 votes from that mob it'd be grounds for a recount.

The bible-thumpers are not so uniform. He definitely did himself and them a disservice there.

Yet... one has only to look at the numbers relating to belief in "evolution" and "climate change" to glimpse the frightening future. As Jefferson? said... "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just".

So, the characterization of "Republicans" isn't that far off IMO. At this point, any moderate who is still considering themselves a Republican has to be horrified. They would bolt if they could find an alternative that wasn't Democratic. The party has been hijacked by deranged dittoheads. Eisenhower or even Nixon would have been too far left for it.

It is no longer recognizable... supported and controlled by extremists and sustained by people who no longer know where else to turn.

...and the real sin is that the two parties are merely two faces of ONE party, the wealth party, which gets in no matter who gets elected, and has always been two-faced, and has been in control since Jekyll Island.

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89919 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/18/2012 4:27 PM
Well the gun nuts will vote as a block for Romney,

Would that be the Romney who, as Governor, supported gun control, or the Romney that, when running for POTUS in 08 bought a lifetime membership in the NRA?

As Jefferson? said... "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just".

Ironic that the Repubs claim Jefferson as one of their own, as he was an isolationist, against a large professional military, religiously variable and no friend of bankers.

The party has been hijacked by deranged dittoheads. Eisenhower or even Nixon would have been too far left for it.

Barry Goldwater, long identified with the right wing of the Republican party, would no longer be welcome. Read the comments he made while in the Senate in the early 80s warning about how the party was being taken over by the religious right. Read about his support for gays serving openly in the military...and this from an Air Force Brigider General, as opposed to the chicken hawks of today that rail against gays, but never spent a day in uniform.

Some of the media do not seem to grasp the tactics behind Romney's comments.

How Mitt Romney just lost the election

Comments caught on video reveal that the GOP candidate thinks half of Americans are losers. This is an utter disaster for his campaign.

http://money.msn.com/politics/post.aspx?post=358695c0-0d2d-4...

After 30 years, this "journalist" still does not grasp the Repub tactics of division and hate: denegrate Obama supporters as a crowd that you don't want to be associated with, so if you don't want to be thought of as a loser, a slacker, and a crybaby, you will vote Repub instead.

In contrast, Obama's swipe at Repubs 4 years ago, the "guns and Bibles" crowd, is, to some, a positive. They want to be thought of as people of faith who support their Constitutional rights.

Steve

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89920 of 90258
Subject: Re: What Romney really thinks of the rest of us Date: 9/18/2012 11:02 PM
Romney doubles down

Romney defends donor comment, says more jobs will mean more paying taxes

Romney, in his press conference, called for some context and urged for the full tape to be released -- which Mother Jones did Tuesday afternoon.

But he went on to echo largely his original remarks.

I recognize that among those that pay no tax, approximately 47 percent of Americans, I'm not likely to be highly successful with the message of lowering taxes. That's not as attractive to those who don't pay income taxes as it is to those who do. And likewise those who are reliant on government are not as attracted to my message of slimming down the size of government. And so I then focus on those individuals who I believe are most likely to be able to be pulled into my camp."
?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/18/romney-sticks-by-...

Meanwhile

Obama Widens Lead in Polls as Romney Faces Challenges

In the poll, Obama led Romney by 50 percent to 45 percent among Americans judged "likely" to vote by Peter Hart and Bill McInturff, who conducted the NBC/WSJ survey.

The Democratic incumbent also reached the 50 percent mark, to Romney's 44 percent, among the larger group of all registered voters.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49073716

Steve

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement