Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What seemed to keep things flowing before? Any particular format? Just blank ideas or specific pattern of outlining an idea?

This forum was a community devoted to helping each other learn different trading techniques and systems as well as provide heads up on stocks that may or may not fit requirements for others. There was a ton of traffic at one time but gradually people stopped posting (partly due to my inaction) and many have stopped trading completely or simply don't have time to post here anymore.

When I started this board I was pretty much the only one posting, then RayBH came along and Janny, Jean, Joe, and a bunch of others started posting. It takes one person to make a concerted effort to post regularly (at least 4 to 5 times per week) before anyone will start responding. Once that happens though things will really take off if you stick to it.

I keep saying I'm coming back but I just don't have the time anymore, especially living in Germany as I do right now. When I get back to the US (not sure when that's going to happen) I may become more active but the truth is that I'm not as committed to it as I once was. I did well and still do some trading but I generally don't spend 10-20 hours per week on it as I once did.

I started this board and I thought someone else would take it over at some point but most of the people who posted here are probably in the same boat I'm in, too old and too tired to do that extra work anymore. I'm enjoying my free time now and the one thing I did NOT want to do was look at posting here as "work", which is how it would be if I dedicated myself to posting 4-5 times per week (at one point I was posting 10-20 times per DAY).

I DO read the board when someone posts here and would love to see it continue but I have to be honest and say that I probably won't be the person to keep it going. Hopefully I helped some people along the way and with any luck I got some people to be in better positions to reap the benefits of knowing how to trade. If I did that, then this was a success but I would certainly love to see it continue with someone else at the helm.

Calabogie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement