UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: diat Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: What should we do? Date: 8/9/2005 10:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

I just discovered this board, and I am glad that this forum is here. Here's the dilemma......

Five or six years ago, a guy that knows a family member showed him this awesome game. He gave him the prototype and then told him that he didn't care what he did with the prototype or knowledge of the game. A number of other people have seen the game, too, over these years. The cool thing is that only the guy who made it and my family member (and me) knows how it works. The game is VERY unobvious to figure out, and would be a great seller. It is like a brain-teaser sort of game. Now the family member wants to patent the game and then manufacture and sell it. My first inclination is that he cannot patent it, but since it has been five to six years that he has had the prototype, that he can manufacture and sell the product. What should he do in this situation? I am concerned that the original inventor may try to sue if the product becomes a big seller and brings in lots of profit.

Thanks,
Diat
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mdunkley Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 26
Subject: Re: What should we do? Date: 8/10/2005 2:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
log onto the us patent website. there is a ton of information and a phone number you can call to ask questions. basically, until a person files a patent and it is approved, there is no patent protection. UNLESS, he has an inventors log book with a date on it. then he can spend tons of money on expensive patent attorneys to sue whom ever tries to patent what he calls his idea.

Now, on the flip side, i have an improvement to an existing product. the company that makes the product while they say are sending me a non disclosure agreement, havent./ All i want to do is sell my improvement invention to either the guy in china who monitors the US patent website for new inventions so he can produce it cheap and make millions off it (of course after he either agrees to royalties for me for an outright price) or sell it or license it to some one who wants to manufacture it and sell it and make tons of cash. Any one have any pointers, suggestions or even by chance know that guy over in china and how i can get ahold of him????

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement