UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SurferGrog One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12878  
Subject: What some Texans think of Califronia energy prob Date: 6/3/2001 5:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
While I was visiting my folks in Texas I came across this in the San Antonio Newspaper.
http://www.hearstnp.com/san_antonio/bea/news/stories/san/storypage.cfm?xlc=245413&xla=saen
I also keep telling them that they should worry about our power situation in California, as the article also mentions, as it is 5th or 6th largest enconomy in the world. I think California recently surpassed Italy for that title.
Sincerely Greg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pbrustas Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6271 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/3/2001 8:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
While I was visiting my folks in Texas
-----------

Of course, there;s a lot of wierd things in Texas.

THEY ARE CALLED TEXANS!!

Author: bwarbiany Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6273 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/4/2001 11:33 AM
Recommendations: 0
Of course, there;s a lot of wierd things in Texas.

THEY ARE CALLED TEXANS!!

As if we don't have some weirdos here in CA... I'd love to move down to Santa Cruz, but I'm not sure if I could deal with all the hippies :)

-=Brad=-

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6274 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/4/2001 12:11 PM
Recommendations: 4
I also keep telling them that they should worry about our power situation in California, as the article also mentions, as it is 5th or 6th largest enconomy in the world.

Why should they worry? We can and should fix the problem here. The West coast states (California, Oregon and Washington) might need to work with each other and their neighbor states (Arizona, Nevada and Idahoe) and neighbors just across the border in Mexico and Canada, but most of the rest of the nation should worry about their own problems. Is anyone in California worried about fixing problems in Texas at the expense of Californians? I hope not!

The author of the article said, California is synonymous with a dream, where imagination is valued as much as realism, where people openly pursue pleasure, where mountains run down to the sea, and the climate is sublime all-year-round? Envy is the price you people in California pay for living in Shangri-La. Now it is time for some practical people in California to step forward and use their imagination to help solve the problem.

Prometheuss

Author: gailkay One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6281 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 1:52 AM
I'd love to move down to Santa Cruz, but I'm not sure if I could deal with all the hippies :)

Hippies???

Wow - I'm having a flashback...

Gail (who used to be a hippie but now I'm a CPA, go figure)

Author: anoury Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6282 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 7:48 AM
As if we don't have some weirdos here in CA... I'd love to move down to Santa Cruz, but I'm not sure if I could deal with all the
hippies :)

Visited Berkeley lately? LOL...WHEW!!! 1 too many puffs on the 'peace' pipe...and BTW, there's this invention called a SHOWER!

-Angela

Author: marymotley Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6284 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 1:45 PM
Thanks Greg

Very interesting. Passed the link on to friends.

Mary

Author: bwarbiany Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6288 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 3:10 PM
Gail (who used to be a hippie but now I'm a CPA, go figure)

Oh, you sellout ;)

-=Brad=-

Author: bwarbiany Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6289 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 3:11 PM
Visited Berkeley lately? LOL...WHEW!!! 1 too many puffs on the 'peace' pipe...and BTW, there's this invention called a SHOWER!

Exactly my point, Angela... Of course, I'm stuck down here in the valley with a bunch of self-absorbed, dot-commers... (Granted, I am an electrical engineer, but that's beside the point :)

-=Brad=-

Author: tkrlzrd Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6290 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 3:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Gail (who used to be a hippie but now I'm a CPA, go figure)"

Who'd a thunk that "counting seeds" could lead to "counting beans"!

;0)lizard

Author: fun2beme Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6292 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/5/2001 3:48 PM
I'm a CPA, go figure

Gail you are entirely too punny to be a CPA....

Author: weiserbud33 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6301 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/8/2001 3:53 PM
Recommendations: 3
Prometheuss,

I could not agree more. Californians need to handle this situation themselves, that is why President Bush has not assisted them either. Same deal when NY wanted a bailout from going bankrupt and the gov't told them "fix it yourselves" and wa-la, they did and now they are prospering.

I am a Texan and I am tired of the belly aching coming out of the west. Suck it up, fix the problem and stop the finger pointing.

WB

Author: amatlaga Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6302 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/8/2001 5:26 PM
WB,

am I turning my back on my state if I agree with your post- my dear fool speaks this all the time.

Reminds me of a story: that if you buy a kid a car- they do not take care of it but if you make them buy it- it gets taken care of.

I bet if we Californian's can fix our problem ourselves we will problably not ever have this again. I mean how many times can you fall before you learn?

WB you may be from Texas but you seem smarter than many of our elected officials here in California.

Just my humble opinion
Angie

Author: weiserbud33 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6303 of 12878
Subject: Re: What some Texans think of Califronia energy Date: 6/9/2001 10:59 AM
Angie,

I appreciate your comments. I am hoping that all works out in your state regarding this situation, it will take some work but it can be done.

WB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement