UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rbrenton One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308230  
Subject: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/4/2000 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Howdy all!

First off, my apologies for not posting much these last couple of months. I have been checking in from time to time, and still get my inspiration and renew my determination here.

And now for the Happy Dance!!!

I am sending off today a check that will pay off four, count them, four credit cards, plus an 18% line of credit at the bank!!!

I love year-end bonuses! It was seriously tempting to go out and shop till I dropped, but the Foolish impulse prevailed!

Thanks everyone for your inspiration!

Now break out the disco ball ...

Warm up the turntable (yes, the turntable)...

Boogie fever
You've got to boogie down
Boogie fever
I think it's goin' around...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: forumcap Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23127 of 308230
Subject: Re: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/4/2000 7:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Wow, rbrenton, that is fantastic!! You get a big congrats for the payoffs and a big <clap,clap,CHEER> for resisting the urge to spend the bonus. Now, doesn't that feel great.

You're about the third (or more) Fool to come on in the past few days and talk about making the big breakthru on the cards by making Foolish use of a big year end bonus. I'm getting kinda winded here, keeping up with all the dancing.

One more time round the floor.....Yeehaaw!

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23135 of 308230
Subject: Re: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/4/2000 8:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
I am sending off today a check that will pay off four, count them, four credit cards, plus an 18% line of credit at the bank!!!

Woohoo!

Make room, rbrenton! We're all joining you on the dance floor to help you celebrate!

Congrats and continued success!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: DollarIQ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23194 of 308230
Subject: Re: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/5/2000 10:14 AM
rbrenton, Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!! :))

That makes at least TWO of us who were able to resist shopping with our year-end bonuses, YIPPEE!! :)

Though I wish I could've shopped till I dropped (hey, wasn't this how this whole thing started with me, eh?) I decided to plunk it down to my ever-so-accommodating credit card companies.

Frankly, I have been GLOWING with the thought of solvency again! It feels so good to bring the numbers down; my credit cards are finally into the single digits!! (single thousand-digits, that is). The impending solvency really gives me that special warm fuzzy feeling!

Boogie on, Fool! :)

Author: Mei2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23204 of 308230
Subject: Re: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/5/2000 11:55 AM
I'm so proud that you didn't succumb to the temptation of spending your bonus.

Congratulations, congrats, congrats!!!

Author: Dawn77 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23226 of 308230
Subject: Re: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/5/2000 2:30 PM
rbrenton,
Loud high-pitched OOooh!! OOooh!!
I want in on this one too!!
Boogie Down...(ooops, tripping over platform shoes)
Feels good to pay these things off doesn't it?
A big CONGRATULATIONS to you

Dawn

Author: smitty7 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23274 of 308230
Subject: Re: What this board needs is a Happy Dance! Date: 1/5/2000 8:16 PM
Woohoo! Good Job! You are an inspiration to us all!

Smitty

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement