Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A while ago, I was an intern with the federal government. As part of my compensation, I was allowed to contribute to a civilian TSP. I contributed, but elected to take a job in the private sector after I graduated from college, therefore ending my GS employment and my TSP contributions.

The amount in my TSP is fairly minimal (roughly $3,300). My question is this: Should I leave my money in the TSP, or should I roll it over into my Roth IRA? If I do roll it over into a roth, will I incur any expenses or tax obligations because of the move?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.