No. of Recommendations: 0
I plan to marry in 08 or 09. When I do, our combined salary will be over the Roth IRA threshold, so I won't be able to contribute.

I know I can just keep my money, paltry as it is, in there till I retire -- does anyone know of a calculator that will give me a sense of how much I'll have when I retire? Most of the calcs I've found relate to rolling over IRAs into Roth IRAs.

I also know I can w/draw penalty free up to the original amount contributed for a home.

One other question -- and I realize I'll have to talk to a lawyer to confirm -- if I get married in late 2008, will I be able to contribute up to that date as a single person?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.