UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37588  
Subject: What Was This Guy Thinking? Date: 11/13/2012 8:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Another arrogant GO:

http://news.msn.com/politics/general-demoted-for-lavish-trav...

"WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has demoted the former head of U.S. Africa Command who was accused of spending thousands of dollars on lavish travel and other unauthorized expenses, a senior U.S. official said Tuesday.

Panetta stripped Gen. William "Kip" Ward of a star, which means that he will now retire as a three-star lieutenant general despite arguments from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff against the demotion. Ward also has been ordered also repay the government $82,000. Retiring as a three-star will cost Ward about $30,000 a year in retirement pay — giving him close to $208,802 a year rather than the $236,650 he would get as a four-star."

Oh boo hoo - he'll only take home a $208K retirement check.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37361 of 37588
Subject: Re: What Was This Guy Thinking? Date: 11/13/2012 10:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
5'll get you 10 every one of these guys who screws around on his wife, spends money on unauthorized crap, or gets trashed while on liberty thinks he can get away with it, otherwise a lot fewer of them would. I'll guaran-damn-tee you Petraeus thought his screwing around would never be discovered, and I'll likewise guaran-damn-tee you Ward thought nobody would say anything about what he was up to. Bottom line is that it is more about arrogance than stupidity, because none of these guys is stupid enough to break the rules if he thinks there's much chance of getting caught.

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37362 of 37588
Subject: Re: What Was This Guy Thinking? Date: 11/14/2012 12:36 AM
Recommendations: 1
What exactly is the size of our forces in Africa to rate a four star commander?
Seems we've got more four stars in place than Hitler had field marshals.
And WTF is the Central Command? Isn't that what the Pentagon is supposed to be?

~aj
in whose time you could count four star generals on your two hands.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37363 of 37588
Subject: Re: What Was This Guy Thinking? Date: 11/14/2012 2:52 AM
I work in a military command with mostly civilian employees. If our CG was involved in this kind of stuff, I know a number of people personally who would be calling the fraud/waste/abuse hotline, and the media in a heartbeat. But given that this guy will still take home over $200G's in retirement annually, he still wins - which is too bad.

Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37366 of 37588
Subject: Re: What Was This Guy Thinking? Date: 11/14/2012 9:36 AM
Recommendations: 0
You forgot the outgoing head of the Missile Deefnse Agency (Army 3 star):

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/fate-of-missile...

(Not adultery, more failures in leadership)

Yoda

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37367 of 37588
Subject: Re: What Was This Guy Thinking? Date: 11/14/2012 10:00 AM
And WTF is the Central Command?

The name given to the Command of middle east. It is called CentCom because it occupies the center of our foreign commands (Europe to the north, Africa to the West, Asia to the East); not to be confused with one of the other meanings of central - having dominate or controling power.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement