UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73080  
Subject: Re: My Investment Philosophy Date: 7/17/2004 6:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
What we are about to embark on is what I now believe to be the best approach to investing that I have seen...because it works in both bull or bear markets and it takes the emotions out of investing.

There is no doubt that in any trending market, your system will work just fine. Its weakness IMO, is a choppy market (or sidewise market) as that will have you buying and selling like crazy but really getting nowhere fast.

Just curious why you would not use the 200 d MA rather than the 50 d MA as espoused by Weisntein and others?

In your example on TASER, this would have kept you in and still in? It results in a little less trading but wonder if results would be that much different in the universe of stocks with the advantage of a little less effort?

As to taking the emotion out of investing....as they say....in this case....its a "no brainer"!

Many thanks for adding a little spice around here.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Ringing the NASDAQ Bell
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement