Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Varlot One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4867  
Subject: What We Can't Be Taught Can Still Be Learned Date: 10/16/2012 2:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Recently I started a blog, Slogging Towards Bethlehem, which will address multiple topics, but will tend to focus on writing, particularly of the self-published variety.

I wrote a post which has been garnering a bit of interest recently (relatively speaking), addressing one of the odder combined topics, writing and neurology. It is titled 'The Sexing of Baby Chicks and How to Write More Better'. I figured some folks here might get something useful out of it, so I thought I'd mention it. You can find it at my blog site, sloggingtowardsbethlehem.blogspot.com.

Here's the beginning:

"No, this is not an article on fowl perversion. Slog on, gentle reader.

Recently I read an excellent book titled Incognito, the Secret Lives of the Brain, by David Eagleman, a neuroscientist at Baylor College of Medicine where he directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action, as well as the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law. One of its sections I found particularly fascinating, the sexing of baby chicks.

I sense a bit of explanation is required at this point..."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sandhillroad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4852 of 4867
Subject: Re: What We Can't Be Taught Can Still Be Learned Date: 10/16/2012 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Many years ago I was on a plane and I asked the man next to me what he did. He explained that he was a chicken sexer. He told me the same story about how one learns to become one, except in his case they used a mild electric shock to indicate that the trainee had made a mistake.

I guess we learn faster that way.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement