Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What would y'all have done with that one peeled tater?

Fried it in some manner.

I should also have included in my post that I didn't wanna cook it since I already had several things going both in the oven and on the stovetop. But, obviously I didn't. :-)

I wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap and it looks fine so far. I'll likely hack it up, with one or two more and fry them tomorrow along with some grilled burgers. Personally, I gotta eat fried taters right then & there! Leftover fries are usually limp. Not that I won't eat 'em, just that they're not as good as hot outta the fryer, to me anyways.

Shred it into a ziplock, flatten it into a patty, freeze it until you have a hankerin' for hash browns.

Never, obviously, crossed my mind to process it somehow and freeze it for later. Maybe I'll remember that next time...maybe. <g>

I really like cheesy taters, so I would add it to the batch and increase the other ingredients by 25%. You might need a larger casserole.

I considered that, but the amount I already had was soo much that we'll be eating this for another day or three. :-)

Put it in the microwave for eight minutes, crush it in a bowl, add stuff (butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, a couple grinds of black pepper, etc.) and eat it.

LOL! We were already having taters for dinner, silly girl. And, we also already have leftover smashed taters in the fridge. However, since I asked for ideas, thank you for offering yours too. <g>

Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement