Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: isewquilts2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/1/2012 8:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just curious.

I am into foods this year. So far, I've made some infused vodkas (cranberry/lime) and come cinnamon sugar almonds (crockpot).

I am also making a few small quilts, some cell phone holders, and some paper gifts(sets of notecards).

What is on your list of "must make" stuff?

isewquilts
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7285 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/4/2012 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not really making much. The cross-stitch projects I did as a Christmas present went to the framers in October. The cross-stitch project that will be a present for my mother-in-law at Mother's Day is finished and ready to go to the framers. The project that will be a March birthday present will hopefully be started this weekend. :)

Lara Amber

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7286 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/5/2012 2:44 AM
Grad school is taking up a lot of my time and I still haven't managed the intricacies of a very flexible "work" schedule (grad school is my work) and getting other things done...

There will be a lot of cookies if nothing else.

- Cindy

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7287 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/5/2012 9:08 AM
I've made 37 Christmas Balls from Arne and Carlos' book. They aren't kidding when they say they're addicting. And you don't have to be a great knitter to make them. Cast on, knit, increase, decrease, cast off and that's it.

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Balls-Knit-Ornaments-Tree-Ce...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoDghBI3F34

I'll tie them onto packages as an extra present.

Nancy

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7288 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/6/2012 10:34 AM
I've made 2 crocheted ruffle scarves so far and I've got a beaded necklace designed that needs to be strung.

I may make a couple smaller ruffle scarves for a couple little girls in town, I just need to find out their favorite colors first.

Other than that, cookies and nothing else I can think of.

RM

Author: geodebt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7289 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/6/2012 3:34 PM
Between work and kids... not much.

I will be crocheting or knitting something. I am sewing dresses for the girls but I started assuming that they wouldn't be finished soon so they will still fit in the spring.

DD#1 and I will probably do cookies and make drawings and cards for grandparents.

I was happy with my first knitting project and that seems to faster than crocheting so I may be working on that hobby a bit more.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7290 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/6/2012 7:05 PM
Pictures of the presents:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-maxIm4l12is/UMD1HVvodNI/A...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cGqxRPLcPj8/UMD1Oim-ypI/A...

Lara Amber

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7291 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/7/2012 11:54 AM
Very nice. I have half finished cross stitch projects that will never be finished. Not into it anymore.

RM

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7292 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 2/22/2013 12:53 PM
We wound up doing Christmas with Gary's parents in mid-January. I didn't get to make any gifts this year, except for the Candied Pecans for FIL. He enjoys them and they don't take very much hands on time, so I always try to make them the night before they arrive. I have a small collection of cookie and candy tins that I've picked up at thrift shops and yard sales for a dime or a quarter each. He usually returns the tin to me for a "refill" the next year.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement