Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: isewquilts2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/1/2012 8:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just curious.

I am into foods this year. So far, I've made some infused vodkas (cranberry/lime) and come cinnamon sugar almonds (crockpot).

I am also making a few small quilts, some cell phone holders, and some paper gifts(sets of notecards).

What is on your list of "must make" stuff?

isewquilts
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7285 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/4/2012 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not really making much. The cross-stitch projects I did as a Christmas present went to the framers in October. The cross-stitch project that will be a present for my mother-in-law at Mother's Day is finished and ready to go to the framers. The project that will be a March birthday present will hopefully be started this weekend. :)

Lara Amber

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7286 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/5/2012 2:44 AM
Grad school is taking up a lot of my time and I still haven't managed the intricacies of a very flexible "work" schedule (grad school is my work) and getting other things done...

There will be a lot of cookies if nothing else.

- Cindy

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7287 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/5/2012 9:08 AM
I've made 37 Christmas Balls from Arne and Carlos' book. They aren't kidding when they say they're addicting. And you don't have to be a great knitter to make them. Cast on, knit, increase, decrease, cast off and that's it.

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Balls-Knit-Ornaments-Tree-Ce...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoDghBI3F34

I'll tie them onto packages as an extra present.

Nancy

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7288 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/6/2012 10:34 AM
I've made 2 crocheted ruffle scarves so far and I've got a beaded necklace designed that needs to be strung.

I may make a couple smaller ruffle scarves for a couple little girls in town, I just need to find out their favorite colors first.

Other than that, cookies and nothing else I can think of.

RM

Author: geodebt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7289 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/6/2012 3:34 PM
Between work and kids... not much.

I will be crocheting or knitting something. I am sewing dresses for the girls but I started assuming that they wouldn't be finished soon so they will still fit in the spring.

DD#1 and I will probably do cookies and make drawings and cards for grandparents.

I was happy with my first knitting project and that seems to faster than crocheting so I may be working on that hobby a bit more.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7290 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/6/2012 7:05 PM
Pictures of the presents:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-maxIm4l12is/UMD1HVvodNI/A...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cGqxRPLcPj8/UMD1Oim-ypI/A...

Lara Amber

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7291 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 12/7/2012 11:54 AM
Very nice. I have half finished cross stitch projects that will never be finished. Not into it anymore.

RM

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7292 of 7313
Subject: Re: Whatcha making for the holidays? Date: 2/22/2013 12:53 PM
We wound up doing Christmas with Gary's parents in mid-January. I didn't get to make any gifts this year, except for the Candied Pecans for FIL. He enjoys them and they don't take very much hands on time, so I always try to make them the night before they arrive. I have a small collection of cookie and candy tins that I've picked up at thrift shops and yard sales for a dime or a quarter each. He usually returns the tin to me for a "refill" the next year.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement