Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: auntninn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 53860  
Subject: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm normally a beer and wine girl myself (mostly wine).

But today I'm drinking a cocktail. We tried this last night to see if it would go with the appetizer course (*) of our next party.

Hot Apple Martini
2 parts vodka
1 part Apple liquer (we used Sour Apple pucker Schnapps)
splash cinnamon Schnapps
dash sweet vermouth

garnish with a cinnamon stick. What an awesome fall drink.

So, what's everyone drinking?

(*) the appetizer to go with this is pounded pork loin wrapped around proscutto (sp?) and garlic, browned and served over wilted spinach. Might sprinkle some toasted nuts around if whimsy strikes.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CaveGirl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6214 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
So, what's everyone drinking?

-----------------------

I would like a good red wine or a margarita... dinner this evening will be home made lasagna with garlic bread and a romaine lettuce salad with feta cheese, mushrooms, olive oil and vinegar.

Or maybe I'll just have a plain garlic salad made with crushed garlic, oil and salt over romaine and mushrooms... with lasagna of course.

CaveGirl

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6218 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:16 AM
Yuengling. In Pennsyltucky, if you say "lager", that's what they bring you.

Chris...easy to please...

Author: DuchessBeerHo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6221 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:21 AM
(*) the appetizer to go with this is pounded pork loin wrapped around proscutto (sp?) and garlic, browned and served over wilted spinach. Might sprinkle some toasted nuts around if whimsy strikes.

Holy moly!

What time should I show up for this appetizer?

DuchessBeerHo

Author: auntninn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6224 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:35 AM
Holy moly!

What time should I show up for this appetizer?

Well, we already have the guest list this time around... :)

My husband's creation. Sounds good to me, too.

I'll post the whole menu after it's finalized. Our last party like this was totally over the top and I expect this one to be the same:

<menu at the bottom>
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17435887

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6225 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:39 AM
<menu at the bottom>

at LBYM? LOL.

~~ Alison

Author: DuchessBeerHo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6226 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:42 AM
Well, we already have the guest list this time around... :)

My husband's creation. Sounds good to me, too.

I'll post the whole menu after it's finalized. Our last party like this was totally over the top and I expect this one to be the same:

<menu at the bottom>
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17435887

<*wiping the droll from my chin*>

OK - you can consider this to be my application for a spot on your virtual guest list!

DuchessBeerHo - sounds yummy!

Author: DOW2000 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6227 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:44 AM

Meths

Author: DuchessBeerHo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6228 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:44 AM
OCD: drool

I have a sign in my office that says:

My work is perfect.
I mever nake mistakes.

DuchessBeerHo

Author: DOW2000 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6229 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:46 AM
<*wiping the censored from my chin*>

OK - you can consider this to be my application for a spot on your virtual guest list!

DuchessBeerHo - sounds yummy!

Author: DuchessBeerHo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6230 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:47 AM
<*wiping the censored from my chin*>

DOW? That you sweetheart?

You simply couldn't be making fun of me, could you?

DuchessBeerHo - *giggle*

Author: DOW2000 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6231 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:49 AM
Recommendations: 1
DOW? That you sweetheart?

You simply couldn't be making fun of me, could you?

DuchessBeerHo - *giggle*

Nevaah ma dahling , nevah. I will kill any man who makes fun of you.

Rhett DOW

Author: DuchessBeerHo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6232 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:54 AM
Recommendations: 1
Nevaah ma dahling , nevah. I will kill any man who makes fun of you.

Rhett DOW

*swoon*

thunk The sound of DBH hitting the floor

DuchessBeerHo

Author: SmoothBlues Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6233 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 10:56 AM
When I'm just socializing in the pub I enjoy a nice dark beer.

When the weather turns cooler outside and I'm home reading a good book in my favorite chair with my 9 year old puppy in my lap, it's a Manhattan straight up.

SB

Author: auntninn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6234 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 11:06 AM
at LBYM? LOL.

Yes, it is humorous. But you have to put it into context: we were talking about how to cut down on restaurant bills. That menu at a restaurant would have easily set us back 2-3x what it cost to make it at home. :)

Author: auntninn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6235 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 11:08 AM
<*wiping the droll from my chin*>

Done. Now how do I give a virtual dinner party? Do I post the recipes? Any ideas?

Author: garydawg One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6236 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 11:08 AM
Usually, a higher than average, but not all the way at the high end, beer. The last six pack was Shiner Bock.

Gary

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6241 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 11:32 AM
Yes, it is humorous. But you have to put it into context:

Yes, I read the entire post, and appreciated the context, but the LOL was my first reaction when I saw the board where it was posted. After all, there are a few on that board who survive on nothing but appropriated ketchup packets <g>.

~~ Alison

Author: auntninn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6243 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 11:33 AM
Yes, I read the entire post, and appreciated the context, but the LOL was my first reaction when I saw the board where it was posted. After all, there are a few on that board who survive on nothing but appropriated ketchup packets

Oh, the irony of posting it to that board was not lost on me at the time. We decidedly do not live on ketchup packets (although it might not hurt either one of us to do it for a few days) ;)

Author: UKBB Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6245 of 53860
Subject: Re: What's everyone drinking? Date: 9/26/2002 12:26 PM
Budweiser in a bottle.

UKBB <always>

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement