Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lolive Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 43  
Subject: What's going on here... Date: 2/17/2000 3:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I realize this is an obscure name, but does anyone know what the story is with Jo-Ann's financial condition. There is a rumor that they may be in violation of their bank covenants??
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ccw Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 43
Subject: Re: What's going on here... Date: 2/26/2000 7:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Obsure, yes, but I'm very interested in what's going on with JAS.A. This company has done very, very well for me, although I've been out of retail markets for a year. The current price looks to be a real bargain. Any comments would be welcome.

Author: fabricgal Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 43
Subject: Re: What's going on here... Date: 6/21/2000 10:08 PM

Having recently visited a few Joann regular stores
and then the newer ETC stores--it's hard to believe
they will keep the regular ones expanding at all.
Their debt is wild. They continue to close stores
down that are near new ETC stores. I don't think
Joann's is doing as well as they appear. Mae's Fabrics
was in the middle of a major renovation right before
they went bankrupt. The fabric industry ain't what
it use to be.

fabricgal

Author: lolive Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 43
Subject: Re: What's going on here... Date: 8/3/2000 10:01 AM
I tend to agree with you, but don't the ETC stores offer a larger variety of merchandise, closer to the mix that Michael's has...or is it just more fabric...if the larger stores appeal to a broader demo, than the store rationalization may be a good thing in the long term...unless their debt load gets them first...

Author: fabricgal Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 43
Subject: Re: What's going on here... Date: 8/6/2000 11:38 PM
The JoAnn etc stores have a wide product mix--
no doubt. Though, I have asked friends who do not sew
what that store is as we drive by and they have not a
clue. Due to JOANN's varied product mix they have
un-defined themselves and entered extremely competitive
areas(crafts, Home accents, art supplies, frames,floral
Children's toys). Re-defining will be very expensive--
if not fatal--in my opinion.

Author: jlr655 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 43
Subject: Re: What's going on here... Date: 9/8/2000 5:38 AM
Recommendations: 1
Jo-Ann's has invested in a new inventory replenishment system which has caused huge problems since the day it was put into use. The system has never been put to the test in a company with so many SKU's. Stores are experiencing serious out-of-stock and replenishment issues with this new system. As a result, sales are suffering.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement