Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tomjet Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65403  
Subject: What's "Burning Man"? Date: 9/12/2012 11:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'll kick off a new topic as things have gone quiet here.

I read Dan Savage last week in the Village Voice. A married man wrote to him about his wife's enjoyment of Burning Man outings. I had never heard of Burning Man. The married man wrote that perhaps his wife goes to it for emotional release. Savage, in a memorable line, replied: "People don't go to Burning Man to cheat-emote; they go to cheat-cheat."

Welcoming any comments/stories re Burning Man, whatever it may be.

tomjet
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65238 of 65403
Subject: Re: What's "Burning Man"? Date: 9/12/2012 11:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have never been, however I have been to a few local Burning Man Decompression events. They are just a wild display/release of energy with some rather crafty-artsy stuff and some cheesy stuff all around. Then there are those who get totally stoned, others not so much. Depends on the crowd.

FWIW, I was invited to join another couple for more fun and tequila in their tent...

Choices as always.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65239 of 65403
Subject: Re: What's "Burning Man"? Date: 9/12/2012 12:06 PM
Burning Man is a big artist/hippie/hipster/emo/sexfest out in the southwestern desert.

People make big (BIG) art installations that are mostly really cool, and other people just get wasted and screw. From what I've heard.

Google will tell you plenty.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65240 of 65403
Subject: Re: What's "Burning Man"? Date: 9/12/2012 4:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://www.flickr.com/groups/burning_man_women/pool/with/619...

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65242 of 65403
Subject: Re: What's "Burning Man"? Date: 9/13/2012 1:17 PM
What 6 said.

I've heard stories of people wearing paint and not much else.

Ishtar

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement