Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: musher Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11  
Subject: What's Up? Date: 3/14/2000 4:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
For the nine months ended 10/2/99, net sales fell 5% to $91.8M. Net income fell 78% to $343K. Revenues reflect the absence of $1.4M in shipments of consumer rainwear & the discontinued use of handcrafted bottoms in L.L. Bean's Bean Boot line. Earnings also reflect an increase in distribution expenses.

I just saw in NASDAQ.COM that BOOT is in the Ten Most Advanced. Currently, the price is $5.5.

I am going to look at thier annual report.

Musher
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 11
Subject: Re: What's Up? Date: 3/14/2000 4:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We bought a few months ago because we felt the stock was punished too harshly for the bad Q. Figured either the price would recover or the company would become an attractive takeover candidate. Today's action leads me to believe the latter. This is my husband's 'pick' and I believe the strong balance sheet attracted him. Happy hunting!! I managed to get more today at 4 5/16.

Teri

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement