Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFEldrehad Big gold star, 5000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8074  
Subject: What's Wrong With Me? Date: 7/19/2006 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Something's definately wrong with me.

As I write this, the S&P is up about 1.27% on the day, my real money portfolio is even doing a little better than that, up 1.72% on the day. I know I'm investing for the long term and one day blips like this won't matter much in the long run, but I should be happy, right?

But my CAPS score is down over 50 points, and at one point today was down closer to 70 points! Yah, yah, I can hear the restrained snickering and quiet jubilation coming from those who are trying to catch me in score, but do please try to keep it down, will you? I'm suffering here!

I seem to care more about my CAPS portfolio than my real one. What's wrong with me? Okay, I don't really care more about my CAPS portfolio, but it does go to show just how 'sticky' this game really is.

Regards,

Russell
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HenryHigginsII One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1368 of 8074
Subject: Re: What's Wrong With Me? Date: 7/19/2006 11:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
They call it CAPS fever!

Author: TMFJester Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1376 of 8074
Subject: Re: What's Wrong With Me? Date: 7/19/2006 12:20 PM
Recommendations: 0
Russell,

I haven't really looked at my real portfolio for over 2 weeks. The nice thing about CAPS is that you can still do well--even when the market goes down, as long as you are going down less than the market.

I don't really want to know how my portfolio is doing... ;-)

As I write this, the S&P is up about 1.27% on the day, my real money portfolio is even doing a little better than that, up 1.72% on the day.I know I'm investing for the long term and one day blips like this won't matter much in the long run, but I should be happy, right?

The pessimist in me says it'll be down over 2% tomorrow.

Ryan

Author: stratton6 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1377 of 8074
Subject: Re: What's Wrong With Me? Date: 7/19/2006 12:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
I've got it too. But if you want to feel better, just look at my recent plunge.

JRS

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement