UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: jayseae Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2601  
Subject: Re: Internet business model Date: 2/26/2002 5:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What's your experience been like?

Hi Chris -

My experience has been both good and bad. For a while, I borrowed a projector from work. It was an old one, to say the least. Color wasn't the best, and it couldn't run for more than two hours or so without overheating (once destroying the bulb). Bad news is that those bulbs are not cheap - as has been mentioned. The ones for that projector ran about $500, were rated at an 800 hour useful life - though if you ran too long, it might be significantly less.

Then I bought an Epson 7300 from eBay. Great projector. It's not portable, really. That is to say, you can carry it, but not comfortably for any length of time. But it's got great light (1300 lumens IIRC) and the bulb is rated at 2000 hours. Thus far, I've got about 500 on it - that's in six months or so. Even better, it will shut itself off if it gets too hot, so that it doesn't destroy the bulb like the other one did. I've run it as long as six hours in a sitting, though, and it's never had a problem. I'm not looking forward to buying another bulb for it, but that's a ways off still. And in the meantime, I've got a great-sized picture on the wall. :)

Chad.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement