Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
When investing in a small cap Biotechnology stock, one has to do most of their DD by piecing together all the research and drawing your own conclusion.

I prefer to wait until there is good research and good evidence. There was plenty of time to invest in IDEC or Biogen based on ongoing research into rituximab while they were still cheap small cappers.

Fools have done a passable job of separating hype/facts to avoid getting sucked into stories (which is why I ask here) . Some stories are out and out fraud. Others are actually hopeful but well-intentioned scientists

DNDN vs GTOP come to mind. Based on trials, DNDN is probably a huge waste of money for most, yet DNDN keeps insisting otherwise. GTOP acknowledged reality and folded. Discussion on these kept my expectations in check.

Speaking of Genitope I wonder what their scientists are up to... and if their extensive research is being exploited. I know a few f-NHL people who are about 20 yrs post-vaccine and doing well.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.