Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PapaJo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: When to buy? Date: 9/6/1998 11:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've decided to purchase shares of EMF in the near future. I like the manager's style of investing. Also I don't want to purchase individual foreign stocks.

What is the current 10 year return on EMF? As of 6/98 the 10 year annual return was 19.67%. However the NAV was 14.06... What is the return now that the NAV has gone to 9+?

As to how low to let EMF go or if it will bounce up from here is information I don't know. I figure I will start purchasing some at this level and then continue to purchase more shares over time, like the next 10 years or so.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bsobob Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 15
Subject: Re: When to buy? Date: 1/1/1999 7:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
This is a buy for the long term invester. Although I have no cystal ball to see where the bottom may take us, for my money this is the best managed em. The next 10 yr should bring us tremendous growth. I have my shares in my roth to avoid cap tax.

Author: RGEYER Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 15
Subject: Re: When to buy? Date: 4/18/2000 6:42 PM
The only insight I can provide on "when to buy" is to average in on big dips -- provided you're willing to hold for the long term.
If you look at a long term chart, this sucker is all over the map. Over time, it has really done well, so holding works.
If we get some more fear/panic and get this down a few more points, I'd start buying again. Since I was able to buy quite a bit in all the panic a couple of years ago, I'm not in any hurry until it really looks like a bargain again.
The one negative is, of course, the ongoing capital gains taxes. If you don't like that, then Vanguard's Emerging Market Index Fund is another approach.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement