UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757896  
Subject: Re: Rationing Health Care => You bet Date: 10/5/2012 9:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
When was this magic time that all people had unlimited access to healthcare that you want to return to?

As I recall healthcare has always been rationed. Rationed by who had the money to pay for it. If you have money you will always be able to pay for it.
---------------------------------------------------
Since we're talking healthcare i thought i'd post this link that MadCap posted somewhere else:

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/10/31-of-americans-without-hea...

31% of Americans without health insurance live in households making $50k or more, and 38% are between 18-34 years old

As for those uninsured Americans who are supposedly the reason for all this sound and fury [Obamacare], there is remarkably little interest in why they are uninsured, despite the incessant repetition of the fact that they are. The endless repetition serves a political purpose but digging into the underlying facts might undermine that purpose. Many find it sufficient to say that the uninsured cannot “afford” medical insurance. But what you can afford depends not only on how much money you have but also on what your priorities are.

Many people who are uninsured have incomes from which medical insurance premiums could readily be paid without any undue strain (see chart above). Many young people, especially, don’t buy medical insurance and elderly people already have Medicare. The poor have Medicaid available, even though many do not bother to sign up for it, until they are already in the hospital– which they can do then.

Throwing numbers around about how many people are uninsured may create the impression that the uninsured cannot get medical treatment, when it fact they can get medical treatment at any hospital emergency room.
-------------------------------------------------------------
When you take out the young people who choose voluntarily not to buy insurance, the people making over $50,000 who choose not to buy it, the people who qualify for medicaid but don't sign up because, i dunno, it's hard or something, and then the people who are here illegally, i wonder if it was really necessary to take 2 years out to try to rahm this mostly unread trojan horse bill down our throats. I would say it wasn't, and on top of that it will make things worse. CBO already says it's going to cost 1 trillion over the next 10 years. 1 trillion we don't have, and to make things worse on top of it.

Obama is the worst president in the history of the United States.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement