No. of Recommendations: 0
When you convert a traditional IRA to a Roth, you pay taxes on the
amount rolled over, as at value on the date of the rollover. You don't pay taxes on the basis of the traditional IRA.
So if the account is worth $3300 and you have already paid taxes on $2000, when you make the Rollover you have $1300 in taxable income.
Best wishes, Chris
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.