Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Where can I find good, clear information on this credit so I can apply for it and get my $1000 or so back?

IRS Publication 970 and Form 8863. I can tell you right now that if you didn't have net income tax after credits of $1,000 there's no way you're going to get a $1,000 refund. Did you pay income tax in year 2000?

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.