UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pedorrero Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734695  
Subject: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 2:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
While this is sort of off the topic of retirement (perish the thought that that would happen here frequently <G>),

What ever happened to TMF's model portfolios ("Foolish 4", etc.)? I can't seem to find them. I'll admit I rarely follow them, but I was interested to check the long term performance. Are they still here? If so, where are they hiding?

Pedorrero,
20 years in the IT industry, a CS degree, and can't find nothin'....

Print the post Back To Top
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167554 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 2:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Basically, they shifted business models. They want to make money by selling their stock analysis, so they started charging for what they used to do for free. They became wise in other words.

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167556 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 2:44 PM
Recommendations: 9
pedorrero asks,

While this is sort of off the topic of retirement (perish the thought that that would happen here frequently <G>),

What ever happened to TMF's model portfolios ("Foolish 4", etc.)? I can't seem to find them. I'll admit I rarely follow them, but I was interested to check the long term performance. Are they still here? If so, where are they hiding?

Pedorrero,
20 years in the IT industry, a CS degree, and can't find nothin'....

After the 2000 bear market, the TMF portfolios began to perform so poorly that TMF abandoned them. I think TMF washed all mention of them from its web site in embarrassment.

However, the REHP web site still posts annual updates of the retirement portfolios it tracks, see link:

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/reallife04.html

intercst

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167561 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 2:56 PM
Harry Dent. He,he,he,he,he.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167564 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 3:02 PM
What ever happened to TMF's model portfolios ("Foolish 4", etc.)?

A rising tide lifts all boats, but in a falling tide they tend to drift out to sea.

Author: 135711 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167568 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 3:09 PM
sometimes URLs just stick in my head... i don't know if these are linked anywhere on the site or not, but the page is still obviously on the server.

the links will still take you to trade histories, etc.

http://www.fool.com/strategies.htm

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167584 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 4:10 PM
Harry Dent. He,he,he,he,he.

Harry Dent didn't take into account Peak Oil. 2 years ago I didn't know anything about it till Telegraph educated us as to it's implications. My life hasn't been the same since. - Art

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167585 of 734695
Subject: Re: Where did TMF's portfolios go? Date: 5/7/2004 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
Harry Dent didn't take into account Peak Oil. 2 years ago I didn't know anything about it till Telegraph educated us as to it's implications. My life hasn't been the same since. - Art

Julian Simon and his disciples base(d) their forecasts on unending cheap oil.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement