UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736963  
Subject: Where I'm at Date: 12/15/2012 1:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Right here in the greater Portland metro area, natch.

I reached a saturation point with regard to politics and OD'd on it -- and have assumed a serene Jedi-like state of mind. IOW, I just don't care anymore. I've stopped reading most of the blogs and other websites I was once addicted to and now think only 1HappyThoughts. Speaking of whom, I wonder if the gods brought 1HF back to the board to fill the considerable vacuum created by my absence.

I am not gone gone, however. I am scanning the boards and will be reading stuff that catches my attention -- topics such as books, music, travel, movies, gossip, cat chitchat, doggerel and, of course, sports.

And here's some interesting news: Seven years ago I had an ultrasound scan of my carotid arteries. The result was that my arteries were clogged more than they should have been for my age -- they were seven or eight years older than the rest of me. That prompted me to start doing chelation therapy, purported to be a method to reduce artery blockage. Years ago our favorite former board member IP told the story of how chelation saved her father from needing coronary bypass surgery. And I had heard good things about it since then, including from my naturopath who administers it. So I had another scan a week or so ago and it showed good blood flow! through the carotids. Not good blood flow for my age but plain old good blood flow. That result wasn't measured in terms of age so it's not exactly comparable to the first one, but I'll take good blood flow any day. If any of you is at risk for coronary artery disease, I'd recommend that you consider chelation. Warning: Many MDs are hostile to this (and most other non-orthodox) treatment so wear your asbestos suit if you plan to ask your regular doc about this. It's likely that there are a few holistic MDs in major population centers who do it. Naturopaths are not licensed in all states and can't deliver intravenous therapy in every place where they are licensed. In OR, they can if they get additional training and certification. In WA they can't.

Kerry on.

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement