Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Wheelco Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 185  
Subject: Where is the cash Date: 6/4/2005 5:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I am looking at DWA as a possible investment, I see this rundown after MAD. I have seen similar rundowns with MVL and profited. Looking at DWA I am concern when I look at cash. I see on the balance sheet cash jumped nicely from 03 to 04, with debt droping from about 498 million to about 217 million. I thought pretty nice Cash in the bank of about 64 million, debt cut in half. However, I see DWA did a stock sale to the tune of 638 million in 04 and I now become concerned. Also I see DWA doing another stock sale looks like up to 9 million shares, sometime after May 27 05. I am further concerned went I look at revenues and see over $1 billion in 04, but when I look at CF I see most of that is AR and Inventory adjustments. In short this company appears to be going thru a lot of cash. I looked back at the post of this board and do not see much discussion of this. I will ask the loaded question, "am I missing something"? Also I am looking at their movies schedule going forward and really don't see much in the short term!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement