Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
After careful consideration, DCO looked like a real value at $14 in December 1988. As it has gone against the market and sunk, I have extended my research to this sight...only to find that no one has added anything for over a year. Am I the only person in the world with an interest in this stock. Any comments on future prospects????
Print the post Back To Top
No, you're not the only one around with an interest in DCO. I'm not too clear on exactly what has been going on, except that the stock doubtlessly has been hurt recently by Boeing's troubles and the emerging market impact on international aviation. Also, it enjoyed a nice runup in the days prior to a recent favorable Forbes piece (Forbes advertisers seem to get the jump on the great unwashed), and the profit-taking on that bit of legal insiderism coincided roughly with the sudden awareness of Boeing's troubles.

Still, the earnings picture looks healthy and the other financials strong, too. I've bought on the sharper downturns, but look at this as a longer termer and not a very attractive trading opportunity. Not too much apparent interest in the stock, judging from the paucity of postings to this board, and the light volume of trading. Still, this is small cap -- and when the small cap market booms, a lot of money can be made.

DCO has been around for a hundred years or so. I doubt that it is going to fold tomorrow.
Hey Incredible,

I've still got the first share I bought, and all of the ones in between, as well.

I've been averaging down. I know that's risky, but Joe Berenato, newly designated Chairperson, (he was already CEO), is still buying on the open market, at the same prices I'm buying at. Got to mean HE still thinks it's an OK investment.

Last time we spoke, around Christmas, Joe told me they are still pursuing acquisitions. Had a couple in their sights too, but were outbid for one and due diligence on the other suggested a lower offer, which the principals were unable to accept. I liked that. Says they will wait to get the best deal... Reminds me of Buffett's story about investing being a game with "no called strikes". They are waiting for their pitch: and that means immediately accretive.

They haven't changed their objective of $300 M in Revenues by 2000. I'm willing to give them more time.

Andy
Advertisement