UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ProfessorWB Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65700  
Subject: Where to buy an ipod video LCD screen? Date: 4/14/2006 12:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A friend of mine fell off his bike- and onto his ipod video. Ouch. The LCD screen is cracked, but everything else is in working order.

I looked online at replacing the screen, and there are two options- 1) have apple replace the screen ($300), or 2) send it in to replace with a service ($150). But where's the third option, buy the LCD screen yourself and replace it, like I did with my digital camera when it went kaput? I can't find a source for ipod video LCD screens anywhere.

Can anyone else? Or should I just have him send the ipod in to the service? Folks, buy cases for your ipods if you're going to bike with one! Sheesh.

Professor
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 4aapl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32611 of 65700
Subject: Re: Where to buy an ipod video LCD screen? Date: 4/14/2006 1:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I can't find a source for ipod video LCD screens anywhere.

Ebay, in hoping that someone else is parting out a Video iPod that failed in some other way.

I've seen stuff like this there before and even sold stuff like this there and elsewhere. But most often it's with items that are over a year old, and thus out of warranty. Not that the warranty would help in this situation, but being out of warranty would give more parts.

4aapl

Author: zigmund555 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32613 of 65700
Subject: Re: Where to buy an ipod video LCD screen? Date: 4/14/2006 7:31 AM
Also check out

http://www.ipodresq.com/

$160 for overnight video ipod LCD replacement.

http://www.ipodresq.com/hitlist-browse.php?subCat=iPod_Flat_Rate_LCD

Or you can send it in for service at $29 and they'll come back with a repair quote. I haven't used them, but the local Genius Bar to me was reccomending it to people that had iPod problems. Cheaper than sending back to Apple.

Author: ProfessorWB Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32615 of 65700
Subject: Re: Where to buy an ipod video LCD screen? Date: 4/14/2006 9:05 AM

But there's no retailer that sells screens? I'd have to pay $150 for a repair service?

When my digital camera broke, I found a retailer online that sold screens for $20. Is that not the case with iPods? I guess because apple has a monopoly on their parts and pods?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement