Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kb60174 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121570  
Subject: Where to go fro tax prep. Date: 2/13/2002 3:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I need to find someone to do my tax preperation for me. I need to file for 1999-2001. Yes, I am aware of that there will be penalties invovled.
I moved in Oct. of 2001 to another state, had my own business which I kept bad records for, simply because I didn't make very much money. I bought and sold a house, bought a used SUV and a new computer in that time. Perhaps you don't need to know that information.
Anyway, any thoughts as to where I should or shoud not go?
H&R Block? Jackson Hewitt? A smaller local company? A CPA?
Thanks for your time and advice!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58966 of 121570
Subject: Re: Where to go fro tax prep. Date: 2/14/2002 3:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I moved in Oct. of 2001 to another state, had my own business which I kept bad records for, simply because I didn't make very much money. I bought and sold a house, bought a used SUV and a new computer in that time. Perhaps you don't need to know that information.

Actually it's quite helpful.

Anyway, any thoughts as to where I should or shoud not go?
H&R Block? Jackson Hewitt? A smaller local company? A CPA?

Stay away from the chains. Most of the people who work there are temps whose training didn't really deal with your issues. For you I'd recommend a CPA.

The accountant may want to wait until after April 15 to deal with the delinquent returns. You can discuss that when you have your first meeting.

Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement