UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: GermanTarHeel Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: Where to Invest What Date: 3/31/2006 9:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hello! I am a first time poster, and have recently resolved to start investing. For about 4 years now I have been putting money into various accounts, but have failed to invest a penny. Yes, the money is literally just SITTING in accounts, not invested in a thing. Call it fear, procrastination, being a big dork, it all fits. Bottom line is I need to invest my money, but I'm not sure how. Here's the breakdown:

rollover IRA: $7500
general trading account: $7000
roth IRA: $10,000
ING direct account: $4000

I do not plan on accessing this money anytime soon, and feel that I have a high risk tolerance. I also subscribe to the Hidden Gems newsletter, and although I haven't purchased any of their recommendations, I would like to. My question is: What kinds of things should I invest in these different accounts? I realize the tax benefits from investing in a Roth, and am wondering whether I should invest the potentially big gainers there, and leave the more consistent, steady gainers such as an index fund in something like my rollover account. I am all for diversification, but I realize that, at 28, I've got some time to be more aggressive with my money. Any advice would be much appreciated! Or, if you feel there is a more appropriate board for this type of question, let me know. Thanks a lot!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement