UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 190803  
Subject: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/23/2013 10:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://news.yahoo.com/apples-iphone-disappointment-fans-doub...

No touting of Apple's latest news - Wonder why?

Can't blame this on declining PC sales as projected earlier, its just the glow is fading and Android and others are a better and less expensive alternative.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183492 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/24/2013 6:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Declining profit margins are about as exciting as Dell's customer service - so the only people talking loudly are the folks who predict the world will end. I assure you if HP, Sony, Dell or anybody else in the hardware business had profit margins over 40% you would hear more.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: exeter17 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183493 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/24/2013 8:43 AM
Recommendations: 3
IMHO Apple's stock price was tied to the ability of Apple to execute flawlessly. That's not sustainable long term. There will be a point where everyone that has an i-thing will keep it and not buy a new one ever 3 months (or whatever)

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183495 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/24/2013 2:38 PM
Recommendations: 5
You've got a point. They've clearly jumped the shark. How bad is it?

iPhones sales were up just a 30%.

And iPad sales are up a measly 49%.

You really should take advantage of the situation by buying some options to let you profit as the price falls even further.

Want to sell me AAPL Jan 14 calls with a strike price of $500? I'll gladly pay $10/share for up to 5 contracts.

You'll clean up, and get the satisfaction of embarrassing me in a public forum.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183496 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/24/2013 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 4
Want to sell me AAPL Jan 14 calls with a strike price of $500? I'll gladly pay $10/share for up to 5 contracts.

It's nice to see that you finally have your own money to spend now.

PSU

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183498 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/24/2013 8:26 PM
And another way to look at this - most all high flying companies crash. Today Microsoft is in the low 30s -- it's high price per share was in the mid 60s -- back in the late 90s. General Motors -- the car company that went broke a few years back -- well when it went broke it was the same General Motors that sold for about $25 a share in the early 1950s -- and there never was another stock split. IBM not a dissimilar story.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183499 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/24/2013 9:46 PM
It's nice to see that you finally have your own mone…

I did start a new job earlier in the month, and i thank you for your kind comment. But I'd borrow the money for such a sure bet as this!

Author: Philipo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183500 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/25/2013 8:33 AM
Recommendations: 11
This is all flame bait.
Boards that are suppose to be about stock investing fill with OT anecdotes about device purchases or problems - now here, on one that's not suppose to be about stocks or P&E, it now devolves into conversations & challenges about that. Whatever... <SHRUG>
B

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183513 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/25/2013 1:36 PM
It falls back to what have as "personal" computers... we all know we have made the best selection, follow it's foibles forever, then another huffs or puffs that hits some other choice, and the flames begin.. Too bad, each has a lot to offer, if kept apolitical, so to speak, there's been some fine folks here, as well as the 'other' boards over the years. Huge helps to a lot of folks running into problems. I know I was helped over a series of days with a malware cleanup, but that Fool tired of the bickering, is gone... Huge resource, gone over internal bickering..

It's happening on the HURL boards as PA types push their BS in.. P-boxes help, but in the end everyone loses... It happened many years ago at Yahoo's boards, later Raging Bull, probably others, unless paid access...

Lighten up! It's a huge world, room for all!

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183521 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/25/2013 3:31 PM
Recommendations: 7
Philipo makes an excellent point. I shouldn't have fallen for the flame bait. Next time I'll ignore such grousing.

(At least his user ID is appropriate!)

Author: Philipo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183530 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/26/2013 3:03 PM
"Next time I'll ignore such grousing"
&
"(At least his user ID is appropriate!)"

Why wait - the later clearly was to egg it on <shrug>

Ideally this would be a sanctuary for only airing technical problems & sharing solutions but we've all got egos and it's hard to not flex our personalities. I find less & less time for TMF and this is the one site I check when/if time allows for no others. I tend to stick to hardware or embedded sys & advise giving that relates to my prof experience developing products but it's harder to sort the wheat germ from the chaff even on a specialized specific purpose computer help board. There's a lot of OT & chatting up topics to socialize. That's fun for others maybe but it's not for me. Going forward I'll try to read & step in when I can offer something specific and otherwise will become more occasional lurker than chatty....at least until we develop something magical that adds more free time to a work week (things are busy but are going superbly work-wise).
So I wish good luck all,
B

Author: stockmover Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183536 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/27/2013 3:16 AM
Going forward I'll try to read & step in when I can offer something specific and otherwise will become more occasional lurker than chatty....at least until we develop something magical that adds more free time to a work week (things are busy but are going superbly work-wise).
So I wish good luck all,
B

Hey B,

I for one will miss your helpful posts. I have followed your posts for many years and gained valuable knowledge which you have provided on this board. I must admit that sometimes your EE experience and knowledge was over my head, but for the most part, you provided great advice and solutions that were beneficial to most members of this board.

Take good care B and I wish you all the best and hope you will peruse this board whenever you have the time.

Sincerely,

Rich
Arizona

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183538 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/27/2013 9:13 AM
I just want to know when the next iPad Mini is due out, what new tricks will it have (Retina display?), and how much will it cost.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183539 of 190803
Subject: Re: Where's the Fanboi Date: 1/27/2013 9:15 AM
Good luck to you too.

Ken

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement