UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734825  
Subject: whew Date: 1/7/2013 8:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
busy day.....Sweetum's went for chemo, the lump I found on her back is not cancer but a fatty tumor, did my regular workout, came home and ate and then the vet called and it was time to pick up Sweetum's. Got back home around 5, ate a snack, fed the doggies and then zipped out the door for the first meeting of new women's gun group at the range. The old group folded due to founder being a flake of sorts. :) New group is more organized I think, new faces and ones from old group. I didn't go shooting, I was feeling worn out but I did buy ammo, the guy told me to buy two because it's been hard to keep it in stock.

It is true apparently that people are scared that all guns and ammo are going to be banned so all this stuff is flying off the shelves and it gets down to supply and demand. It was unreal to see walls bare of guns and ammo shelves thinned out. Personally, I know govt won't pass bills so quickly, so there's plenty of time, a total ban is not going to happen. I still don't get the semiauto rifles though but hey, I'm in it for sport and self defense, nothing else. I do understand liking things to the point of buying alot of them, say like antique radios or whatever.

Guns ain't cheap though...and anyone who collects has a lot of disposable income....it's just my opinion though. My next purchase after I finish with this water line project will be a 9mm, probably a Glock and sometime during the yr. I saw some pretty guns this evening and also interesting backgrounds of some women who have experience. A lot didn't and that's okay too.....a few of them admitted to being tree huggers and the sort. :) And then the giggly ones who delight in all things in weaponry. A few stories of being mugged and living across from a crack house as prime motivators to have a gun and get training.
Indeed.

I'm done, time to eat, I'm pooped!

LuckyDog
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement