Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey all,
I am ready to file my taxes (ugh!) and need some advice. Until recently I have always filed using the 1040EZ form (single, no dep,one income,rent, no investments, etc...) , but I started w/ a new company last year and enrolled in their 401k plan. I know the income I invest in the plan is tax deferred, what I want to know is can I still use the 1040EZ? I have a whole year of payroll deductions into it and I noticed on my W-2 that it reflected in my gross taxable salary. I have nothing else to declare or deduct. Can I continue to use the 1040EZ or do I have to file another form?
Thanks for any and all help. Fool on!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.